Cannot call 800 Numbers
crcchelsea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot call any 800 (1-800) numbers from my phone. My husband's phone on the same account (different number, obviously) works just fine.

I get a "Welcome to Verizon Wireless" recording. Other numbers complete as expected, just not 800 numbers.

Please assist.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot call 800 Numbers
crcchelsea
Enthusiast - Level 1

For what it's worth to anyone else searching for this issue - it resolved itself without me doing anything. Today I tried it again and it worked.

View solution in original post

crcchelsea
Enthusiast - Level 1

For what it's worth to anyone else searching for this issue - it resolved itself without me doing anything. Today I tried it again and it worked.

bigshoulders
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I am unable to call 800 and 877 numbers.  Same problem with my wife’s phone.  The resolution seemed to fix itself.  I have turned my phone off/on.  Please help

bigshoulders
Enthusiast - Level 2

I meant that the resolution from the previous post didn’t provide any insight.  Whenever I call an 800 or 877 number it goes straight to a busy signal

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those call I know are important. May I have the make and model of the two phones? What do you hear when calling? Does adding and subtracting the one as in 1800 or 800 change the recording? 

As far as you know is there a caller id block active on your account? 

amglaros
Enthusiast - Level 1

I. have tried 800 and 1 800 877 and 1 877. I urgently need to call my bank and have not been able to get through for about 1 hour now. What is up? I tried VZ chat line and was advised to call an 800 number! 

What can I do to fix this?

nlimberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with a recorded Verizon message stating "welcome to verizon wireless, your call can not be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again" for EVERY customer service line I try - including VERIZON!!!  Please resolve this asap.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues making those calls. We are aware of this issue and have our team looking in to this concern now. Please make sure to power your device off and back on throughout the date to make sure any updates are provided to your phone. Thank you for your patience.

-Jasper