Cancelling unnecessary second phone plan
Catie_Rose

A while back I accidentally smashed my cellphone screen, and the guy at the Verizon store set me up with some kind of deal where I could replace it for less than full price if I took out another line, which obviously I didn't want to do but I was not going to have the money to just replace my phone and I still had 5-6 months to go before eligibility for an upgrade. Anyway, I can finally afford to cancel that unused line, including the early termination fee, and I would like to just get rid of it once and for all, but when I call Verizon they now act like they have no idea what I'm talking about, even though I put it as simply as possible (essentially, "I have two wireless plans but only one phone, and I need to cancel the plan that I don't use.") They're convinced that I have this second phone (even though I have used zero minutes and zero data and zero anything on that plan, ever) -- which shouldn't even matter since I'm just trying to cancel the extra plan according to their own rules (i.e. Paying the hefty early-termination fees).

I just want it gone, and I can't seem to accomplish that. I have no problems with my ACTUAL cellphone service plan, and have no intention of cancelling that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cancelling unnecessary second phone plan
Loquat
Master - Level 1

You're just getting bad reps.  You can cancel a line any time you wish for whatever reason you so desire.  VZW only has the right to charge you the ETF (on a 2 year contract - balance of device if using EDGE) plus the current balance associate with that line if its on a separate plan than your other device.  You don't owe them any reason or explanation.   Keep calling the cancellation department until you get someone who knows that they're doing.  Any don't even mention that the line doesn't have a phone attached to it...just simply tell them you want to cancel whatever line it is that you wish you cancel, pay your fee, and leave it at that.  Good luck and let us know how it works out...

View solution in original post

Re: Cancelling unnecessary second phone plan
Loquat
Master - Level 1

You're just getting bad reps.  You can cancel a line any time you wish for whatever reason you so desire.  VZW only has the right to charge you the ETF (on a 2 year contract - balance of device if using EDGE) plus the current balance associate with that line if its on a separate plan than your other device.  You don't owe them any reason or explanation.   Keep calling the cancellation department until you get someone who knows that they're doing.  Any don't even mention that the line doesn't have a phone attached to it...just simply tell them you want to cancel whatever line it is that you wish you cancel, pay your fee, and leave it at that.  Good luck and let us know how it works out...