Cancellation fees?
axanthak

So, I have 2 phones with Verizon. My contract says it ended March of 2014, so I'm assuming that I'm just paying month to month seeing as how I never renewed or began a new contract. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a Galaxy Note Edge with the Verizon Edge Plan. If I choose to terminate my service how much will it cost me to do so? Do I have to pay off the phones or can I just give them back and be done with it? These may be entirely obvious questions but I just don't know. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cancellation fees?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Axanthak,
We’d never want you to have to consider cancelling your service with us. What has you thinking this way? To answer your question, it would depend upon how much you have left on your Device Payment Plan (formly known as Edge) left to pay. You can view your most up to date amounts on your most recent bill as to how much is left per line.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
axanthak

The bill is too much for me to handle. The data charges are insane. Yes, my husband and I use our phones a lot, but I feel like we're getting ripped off. I don't think we use nearly enough data to justify the charges. Even when both of us are on WiFi we get a notification saying we're being charged for another overage. But that's been the case with Verizon since forever; which is a shame because the service is amazing. Since I have literally run out of energy to be frustrated, I am switching. (Just to give a time frame, I've been with Verizon since before iphones even existed). The only way I would ever consider continuing on with Verizon would be if they offered unlimited data.... but we all know that won't be happening any time soon.

That being said... I owe 633$ on one phone and 672$ on the other. I don't need to keep the phones after I cancel, if that makes any difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Axanthak,
I understand where you are coming from. And we want you to not only have the right amount of data but have it work within a price that fits into your budget. The amount of the devices would be due should you decide to cancel, regardless if you want to keep the phone or not. I’d like to see if there is anything additional that we can help with though. Please reach out to us on Twitter @VZWSupport for additional help.

ErinW_VZW

1. If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
axanthak

That's really the only way to get out of this? To pay almost 1400$? Well, seeing as how I can't even afford the service, you can bet I don't have 1400 dollars to get out of it. Guess I'm stuck. =/ and no, I'm not going to take to Twitter to get anymore help. It's bad enough that the ability to email customer service was eliminated. Not about to have a full blown conversation about my financial troubles in 140 characters or less at a time in a public forum. Although I suppose that's what's happening here anyway.

0 Likes
axanthak

Is there a way for me to cancel the service but continue to make the payment on the phone? Aka, if I cancel the service can I continue to pay 60+/- per month just for the phones and nothing else?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. If no lines are active on your account, the remaining buyout will charge. If there is at least 1 active line, the remaining device payments will continue to bill. 
TylerK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
axanthak

Ok. So, if I cancel my service and they charge me the buyout price, can I then make payments on that if I cannot afford to pay it in full? (I'm trying to find a way to avoid paying 1400 all at once; a sort of loophole, if you will)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Axanthak, oops there appears to have been an update to the Device Payment Agreement. Here is the correct information. Upon disconnect, any remaining loan balance will be billed and reflected on the next bill. Please let us know if you have any questions.

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
axanthak

Same question as before. So when it goes onto my next, and presumably final (correct me if I'm wrong), bill, can I make payments on it if I cannot afford to pay it in total?

0 Likes