Canceled Order Confusion
Mongooseman

Last month, I ordered a Droid Incredible, and it was estimated to ship July 17th (this Saturday). In the meantime, the Droid X was brought to my attention, and this week, I decided to switch from the Incredible to the X.

Today, during my lunch break, I called customer service and asked about switching my order. The rep said she could cancel my order, but I couldn't order the X until Thursday. I was okay with that. I spoke to a guy in Sales who said he'd call me early Thursday morning so I could place an order for the X before they sold out.

Well, within an hour of canceling my order, I get an email saying it shipped. I was informed to refuse the package if it somehow ships. Makes sense.

A couple of things were not clear in the phone call, however. She said I would be sent a refund within seventy-two hours, but she didn't say what would happen to the refund if the package shipped (I didn't expect it would ship earlier than the date originally given). Will it still arrive within seventy-two hours, or will I have to wait on the package to be returned now?

Also, I'm confused on the pricing for the Droid X. The Incredible cost me $99 after the two year contract, online, and new every two discounts. The Droid X is listed at the same undiscounted price as the Incredible. Will it also cost me $99?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Canceled Order Confusion
budone
Legend

Ouch, if the phone was shipped, I suspect this will delay you getting the X. Because you will have to ship the phone back, then wait for it to make it through the system for the credit to occur on your account and then the NE2 credit to be placed onto the account.

But yes with the $100 NE2 discount the Droid X would be $99.

Can the experts on here come up with a possibe way to make this work?

0 Likes
Mongooseman

That's what I was afraid of. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, but there's no telling how long it will take to get back to them, nor how long it'll take for them to do the paperwork on it. I've waited nearly a month for the Incredible. I suppose another week or so won't hurt.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Mongooseman wrote:

That's what I was afraid of. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, but there's no telling how long it will take to get back to them, nor how long it'll take for them to do the paperwork on it. I've waited nearly a month for the Incredible. I suppose another week or so won't hurt.

Thanks for the reply!

Will someone be there to refuse delivery???

0 Likes
Mongooseman

Someone should be there, but I'll have to inform my family to refuse it. It requires Indirect Signature, though. I'm not sure whether that will affect my family's ability to refuse it in my name or not.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Indirect siganture means anyone may sign for it. So I would think anyone can refuse also.

0 Likes
Mongooseman

I think I'm just going to accept the package and exchange it in the store for an X. I know a guy who works there, and he's confident that they'll have one for me. I have to pay the $35 restocking fee, but the customer service rep on the phone said I'd have to pay it even if I refused the package. I'll also have to pay $100 and wait on a rebate, but either way, I should have an X Thursday.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mongooseman wrote:

I think I'm just going to accept the package and exchange it in the store for an X. I know a guy who works there, and he's confident that they'll have one for me.  This sounds like a plan...if they have the X in the store.  Probably better than shipping it back and waiting....again.

I have to pay the $35 restocking fee, but the customer service rep on the phone said I'd have to pay it even if I refused the package. I'll also have to pay $100 and wait on a rebate, but either way, I should have an X Thursday.  And you WILL get the rebate...eventually.  In this case, it sounds like you'd rather thave the phone IN YOUR HAND!!  :smileyhappy:

Do post back and let us know how this all turns out.  I've heard stories of people shipping phones back and they seem to "disappear" and no one ever sees them again...you are wise to exchange it in the store if possible.  Good luck!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

SuzyQ, is there  a restocking fee, even if the phone has not come out of the box or activated???

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

SuzyQ, is there  a restocking fee, even if the phone has not come out of the box or activated???

I don't know....in my mind, it doesn't seem as if there should be.  I know there is a restocking fee if you exchange a phone within the 30 day Worry-Free-Guarantee period, but that assumes you have activated one phone (so therefore it is out of the box and being used!), returned it and exchanged it for another.  In this case, the phone will not have been unpackaged or activated - the Droid X will effectively be the "first" phone.

Verizon might not see it that way though - they have shipped one phone, and it has been exchanged for another.  So would the Droid X count as the second phone, even though the Incredible was never opened or activated?  Good question budone, and I don't have an answer.  I'll see if I can find out, though....

0 Likes