Can’t send texts to non iPhone users
Vmartz9101

I can send texts via iMessage but can’t send any text to non iPhones. 

0 Likes
Re: Can’t send texts to non iPhone users
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your settings to allow SMS/MMS messages. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is strange to see that you are unable to send texts to non iPhone devices. Just to be sure we are on the same page, tell us more. When did you first notice this issue with the messages? What happens when you attempt to send a text to a non-iPhone device? Are you able to call the numbers you are having trouble messaging?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Jaesim56

I had the same problem with non IPhone users and after numerous calls to Verizon techs, they were unable to solve the problem.  I had other issues also with non Iphone texts repeating when received.  I finally called Apple and with ONE phone call, they told me to "reset all settings" and the problems were solved.  Some things defaulted, such as brightness settings and sounds, but nothing important was lost or needed to be reset. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We sincerely regret that we were unable to solve the issue texting non-iPhone users and that you had to contact us multiple times, Jaesim56. It’s great to hear that your issue was not only resolved, but that you were willing to share that solution with the community here. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless: Our customer!

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
rocketman59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't reset your settings. Not only does this not fix your problem with sending text to non-iPhone users, you'll spend an hour re-setting up your phone! This is a verizon problem. My wife has an old iPhone 5 on AT&T and has not issues sending texts, pictures, etc. to non-iPhones. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rocketman59 Are you currently having an issue that we can help you with? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Nph11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  If I hit "retry" enough times, it will eventually go through, and it doesn't always happen.  It mainly happens with group texts where at least one recipient isn't an iphone user.  I've reset the phone, updated to latest software release, and reset network settings.  All to no avail.  Any other ideas? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're in this together. Working from the Apple guide below it's suggested for the group messages to delete the conversation.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Sean_bon_jovi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All,

I had this same issue and here’s what I did to fix.

1. log into your Verizon account

2. Select Features menu option

3. Turn On Message Block (default is set to Off), follow the prompts

4. Turn Off Message Block, follow the prompts

5. turn on on SMS under Settings—>Messages on your iPhone 

6. Power off your phone

7. Wait 2 min

8. Turn phone on 

Done.