Can't receive international text messages from Hungarian mobile
desharri

I have just spent a most infuriating 45 minutes on your forums trying to get an answer and respond to misinformation published by a Verizon employee.

First, I registered twice for the forums and neither registration gets me logged in. One says the ID has been deleted the other says the id and password don't match.

Second, part a, I was searching for answers about not being able to receive text messages from international phones. I found a conversation from Dec '09-Feb '10 that ends with a Verizon rep saying the problem is with the international provider. That's crap. Two years ago I had the provider trace the undelivered text and it is clearly Verizon refusing to deliver the message to the handset.

Part b, you still haven't fixed this problem. Your site says the provider that verizon works with is pannon, which is the messaging center I am using. So what's the problem?

Background

My mobile is +36 20 xxxx xxx. I can receive texts from +1 937 xxx xxxx. My texts to this number come back as delivery Failed. I turned off all blocks on the account, restarted teh phone after 10 min and still no success. My texts are received by mobile phones on other networks in the US, just not verizon.

What will it take to fix the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive international text messages from Hungarian mobile
desharri

Answer from Verizon:

No "international Services" link.  A search on these terms on the site ueilds 1903 results.  Not helpful.

The contact numbers given are only valid from a verizon handset or in the US neither of which apply to me.

Who cares if I can upgrade, I want the service to work.

Infuriating.

Dear ,

Good evening, since Verizon Wireless is not the service provider, we cannot guarantee network availability or the functionality while you travel internationally.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you.  My name is Cynthia and I am here to assist you with your concern regarding this matter.

For information regarding service availability and rates, please click on the "International Services" link below. This site will also offer you assistance with dialing instructions when using your International Roaming service:   International Roaming

I also recommend checking the dialing pattern you are using when you send messages.  If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 800-922-0204 or dial *611+SEND from your handset.  We will be glad to assist you.

Also, I show your line ending in xxxx is eligible to receive discounted pricing on new equipment at the two (2) year pricing. Please know, you will be able to receive applicable online discount or the mail-in rebate. If you decide to upgrade:

Sign in to "My Verizon" by visiting the www.verizonwireless.com website and do the following:

- Click on "Upgrade To A New Phone" in the "Quick Links" section on the right side of the page.

-Contact our customer service team at 800-922-0204 from a landline phone or dial *611+SEND from your handset.

Visit a store location, to obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link, which will direct you to the "Store Locator" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator

Thanks for your email regarding international messaging.  We appreciate your business and thank you for being a Verizon Wireless customer.  Have a good day!

Sincerely,

Cynthia L.

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

0 Likes