Can't get Googleplay to work. Only get one bar in a 4-G area (per Verizon detailed map).
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am sitting outside in a 4-G area with only one bar of reception.  Per the Verizonwireless's detail 4-G map, I should be getting 4-G access, yet Googleplay and several other apps just give me the little circling icon for hours, even when connected via my Wi-Fi network.  I have to use a bluetooth cordless phone so I can set our phones near a particular window for the best possible reception.

Should Googleplay be able to work through the Wi-Fi network?  It is showing up as connected with good signal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get Googleplay to work.  Only get one bar in a 4-G area (per Verizon detailed map).
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, it should connect via the wifi signal. Have you disabled any applications? Accepted the terms and conditions of the Google Play Store? Did you add your Gmail account to the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can't get Googleplay to work.  Only get one bar in a 4-G area (per Verizon detailed map).
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not disabled any applications, I have accepted the terms of the Google Play Store before.  I have successfully downloaded many apps from the store, but now all I get is the spinning circle.  I have let it spin for over an hour.

0 Likes