Can't find a place to file a complaint.
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just want to know how to go about filing a complaint.  I've spent forever scouring the website for an email address, a web form, anything. 

Customer service was absolutely awful to my daughter and myself today and I am just livid and seriously considering switching to another carrier, though I've been with Verizon for 15 plus years.  It should have been a simple solution, replacing a part they sent that was the wrong part.  It was instead hours of headaches and being hung up on when I asked for a supervisor.

I just want to know HOW to send a complaint to someone who actually cares... if there is anyone who cares.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't find a place to file a complaint.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Don't let one person's behavior make you switch. If you have the rep's name and time of the phone call I would write a letter and document all of it. Send it return receipt. This "part" that you received that was incorrect, what is it? You may be able to take it to a store for an exchange.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I care hubbsgirl! I'm so sorry you were treated this way by one of our customer service reps! What part was sent that was not correct? I know how upsetting it is to spend a lot of time on something that should be simple.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I wasn't really looking to spew out a big long complaint here, but since it seems my only option.. sit back.. let me tell you a story.

It's upgrade time.. my daughter's phone is being a pain.. so we go to get her a new one.  We find a 'certified preowned' Galaxy S4 which will cost us $75 with the upgrade.  Ok, it's certified.. that must mean it's ok.. let's do it.  So we get it ordered, have it shipped to her house (she lives 2 hours away) and when it arrives, it's in pieces.  Ok.. not a big deal, she can assemble it.. well.. she could if it didn't have an S4 phone with an S3 back. 

So ok, these things happen.  She calls verizon, has the last 4 of my social which is all she's ever needed to do things with her phone in the past.  They first tell her that she'll have to buy a whole new phone at full price, then send that one back for a refund.  Finally after a very long conversation, they decide they can just ship her a new back piece.  Oh.. except.. she can't order it.  Only I can do that, even though she's done things like this before, upgraded, ordered new phones.  But nope, they won't let her do it now.  You'd think they could have mentioned it before she'd wasted an hour on the phone.  But they gave her a 'direct dial' number so I won't have to wait on hold, shouldn't take long they say, all the notes are on the account, anyone should be able to just pull it up, do the order, quick and easy.

Well ok, we can get past that.  I am in the middle of dinner and have company but I step away and call the number they gave her.  It's an employee only dial in number.  I am asked for an employee code, or a representative code, to go any further.  And no combination of punching 0 or # or * will get me to a person to ask what the heck is up with this.  So.. I call the main customer service number and sit on hold.  Now, I'm cranky.  And I sit and wait, while dinner gets cold and my company waits.  Finally I get a male representative whose name I didn't write down, like an idiot.  I am admittedly very cranky with him about all of this and tell him that he really should just pass me off to a supervisor because he doesn't get paid enough to deal with me in cranky mode.  I get lectured instead about how I'm committing fraud if I let my daughter use my social security number and pretend to be me.  *blink*  She's never pretended to be me... they've always known who she was, just asked her for the last 4 of my social as proof that she had the right to make changes.  Then he finally agrees to ship the new back, then tells me that he can't ship it to her, can only ship it to the 'address of record'.  The entire time, his tone is very harsh and scolding and irritated.  So I ask once more for a supervisor and tell him I'm done dealing with him.  His response?  He hangs up on me.

Now.. I'm MAD.  So I call back.. and sit on hold for another half hour.  By now, dinner is ruined.

This time, I get a female rep who at least is pleasant and sympathetic.  She says she can send the back piece out, then credit my account for the cost of it.  And that she'll add my daughter as an account manager so that this won't happen in the future.  Then I say that the piece absolutely MUST be shipped to the same address the phone went to, as she lives 2 hours away from us.  She reads the address back to me, tells me twice that it's going to that address.  Then tells me that she's transferring me to a supervisor, because I really still want to complain about this whole process.  I get hung up on again.  However, she does call me back, and tells me that a supervisor is going to call me personally to hear all about this.  So far so good, I suppose.

The next morning, I get the shipping email.  Guess where the phone back went?  Not to my daughter.  To the 'address on file'.  My husband had to drive 2 hours to take that piece to our daughter.

Oh and that supervisor call?  Never happened.

yep.  Great customer service.  Of course, now we're locked into another 2 year contract with the upgrade.  Which is why those locks happen... if Verizon had to rely on the way they treat customers to keep us, they'd have no business.  So they lock us into contracts, because they know it's the only way to keep us around.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon hubbsgirl!

I want to start off by saying I am so sorry to hear about the service you have been getting with the interactions over the past few days! This is by no means on how we run business. I want to make sure we have the chance to rebuild this relationship and get us back on the same track. I would also like to apologize for the long hold time that you had when you were having dinner and guest over.

I'm so happy to hear thought that the lady was able to get your daughter added to the account so that way there is none of this running around again in the future. I sit here and scratch my head wondering how that back cover got sent to the address on file, since the rep double checked the address with you. I want to make sure that we even get feedback put in on the first rep that you spoke with that hung up on you. In order for us to get this to the right area, can you please send me a direct message? I did send a request to follow you. Could you please accept that request and follow me back. Once we are following each other you will have an opiton to send me a Direct message. Here is a great link that will give you the step by step directions to do this:  http://vz.to/1fbIKzK I am very eager to hear back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would assume by 'follow' and 'private message', you mean using twitter.  Which I don't use and never have.  It seems odd to me to use twitter as a business communication device.  I'm not even sure how you sent a follow request, since I've never been on twitter in my life and certainly don't have any kind of account. I do have email and phone and multiple other more standard ways to be contacted.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep is referring to the Direct Message method used on this forum; it's a more secure method than posting private info on this public site (and posting private info. is against the forum's Terms of Service).  They indicate they've sent you a Follow request; it should be in your forum inbox and you'll have to approve it.  Then you'll need to click here to get to their profile page:  kevinr_vzw

Look on the far right-hand side of their profile page and click Follow to send them a follow request.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message by again clicking on their profile page link and then using the Message button on the far right-hand side.

0 Likes
hubbsgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahh thank you!  The 'follow me on twitter' tagline made that a bit confusing.  Will do.

0 Likes
P_Craig
Enthusiast - Level 2

IIt sure is funny how easy it is for people to get hung up on  with Verizon, or put on hold for hours, or told that they will get right back to you and Surprise  No one does!

0 Likes