Can't call certain numbers from VZW. No issues from other networks.
NuclearSecret

It's my office phone numbers, and we have not made any changes on our end.  Not even sure who I would call about this.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't call certain numbers from VZW. No issues from other networks.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens when you try to call those numbers?  Are you using the full, 10-digit number? 

0 Likes
NuclearSecret

Hi, yes I am dialing the full 10-digits. I get a fast busy.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone you are using to dial is a 3G device or basic phone, dial *228 option 1 and let the phone restart - it will re-establish the network connection and update the roaming list/tower list and may fix the issue.

IF the phones(s) is a 4G LTE device, remove the SIM card, then reinsert and restart the phone - this is the equivalent of the steps above but *228 does not work on 4G LTE devices - you need to remove and reinsert the SIM card to reset the network.

Are you in an extended network area when yo try to make the calls?  Roaming?  How strong is the signal you are receiving?

PS--*228 won't work if you are in an extended network or roaming mode - you need to find a place where yo are getting a good signal for *228 to work.

0 Likes
NuclearSecret

I have full bars, on 3G and tried *228 but that did not fix the issue.

This is not limited to just my phone. Our whole office has Verizon Wireless phones, and no one can call in to the office landline.

But the office landline is working fine – we’re getting calls all day long on it.

Seems like some kind of handoff issue from the VZW network.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--I admit I don't know where I am going with this, or if your answer will mean anything to me, but it might trigger someone else who has had a similar issue or something.  What kind of phone system does your office have?  An interoffice paging type, with extensions?  Multiple lines?  A single number?  Is it a "business" account or just a regular landline that you use for a business?

0 Likes
NuclearSecret

The issue “corrected itself” (more likely someone from VZW fixed it) yesterday afternoon and calls from VZW are going through again. The phone system is a PBX system on a standard PRI circuit.

At this time the issue is resolved. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

NuclearSecret wrote:

The issue “corrected itself” (more likely someone from VZW fixed it) yesterday afternoon and calls from VZW are going through again. ....

At this time the issue is resolved.  Thanks for your help!

Glad to hear it's fixed, however it got fixed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Saturday NuclearSecret.,

I know that it's the weekend and I hope that you are enjoying the nice weather that we are having. I wanted to reach out to you to see if this issue has been resolved for you. If not then like a pillow, we are here t support you. Let's start with who is the landline provider for your office? Also, has it ever worked in the past? Are you able to call your cell phone from the landline phone? It sounds like it may be a trunking issue. This is when calls are not being routed properly. If this is the case then we can open a ticket for you to have this resolved. If interested then please send me a private message with your full name, cell phone number, and a 2-3 sentence summary of the issue.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport