Can't believe I will have to cancel my account
tewbacca

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for a decade.

Last year, my family moved to an area that is on the edge of the Verizon coverage area. We are able to send text messages in the house but cell phone service does not work. We spoke with my neighbor across the street, who has the same coverage issues and was also a Verizon user. He told us that after contacting Verizon they offered him a free Network Extender.

I have called customer service to speak about this issue multiple times and they have insisted that I pay full price for a network extender. This, even though the service is supposed to work in my house! Why am I being asked to pay for a fix for a service I already pay for? My wife recently left her job and we were considering creating a family plan on Verizon, and called up to see if the Network Extender issue could be resolved. Same answer as before. Cannot believe this is how they would treat me, especially as I am possibly bringing them double the business I had previously.

I am simply in disbelief that Verizon would treat a loyal customer in this manner. Why would they risk losing me (and my growing family) over a couple hundred bucks??? We are about to switch to AT&T, which our other neighbors have and whose customer service they speak glowingly about. (They also got a Network Extender for free). I simply can't understand why Verizon would sacrifice the customer loyalty they had built with me, and the thousands and thousands of dollars my family would pay for their service in future years, all over a Network Extender that probably costs them much less than the asking price of $250.

Deeply disappointed. You can bet I will be telling this story to as many people as possible in my region on social media and encourage them to use AT&T or another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't believe I will have to cancel my account
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

What phones do you have?  If your devices support Advanced Calling/WI-FI Calling, a network extender isn't necessary.

Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Switching carriers may cost a bit more than $250.

Switching to AT&T

Kamrud wrote:

Be careful. I hope I save just one person with this post. Unfortunately, I switched from a long time Verizon customer to AT&T. The unlimited plan enticed me. It was one of the worst mistakes I have made in years. Before I got off the phone from switching, I paid over $100 in sales tax for my phone's. I also had to turn In two galaxy phone's to be eligible. I now got my first AT&T bill. I am not kidding you it was $402.49 for two lines. I will send a copy to anyone that doesn't believe me. I don't care what explanation you give me, over $400 the first month is lousy "Welcome to AT&T". On top of that, I have had issues with reception in places I have never had with Verizon (I live in South Dakota). Worst yet, we got new phones through AT&T because we had to turn in our perfectly functioning Verizon phones so they may not have a contract but If I pull out and stop making the cell payments, I owe just shy of $1400. In other words, I am stuck with a carrier I am not happy with for the next two years. I wish there was a way to wipe my slate clean and come back to Verizon. I would never make that mistake again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tewbacca, the last thing we want is to lose you as a customer and our goal is for you to have the best service possible. We value your long time loyalty here with us and this is not how we want you to feel after being with us for such a long time. Let's get some additional information and look into this deeper. Are you having issues with data, making & receiving calls, or issues with text messaging inside your home? What make & model of phones do you have?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dqguy

More power to you.  I have also been a very loyal and I'm sure profitable client of VZW for at least as many years, currently paying over $300/month.  Their concession to keep me from changing carriers was to waive a $20/$40 upgrade fee - you know like the hand-written dealer fee on the window sticker at a car dealership that every knows is a joke.  Thank goodness for competitive carriers in this market - don't let VZW hold you hostage.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

joey2007ua64 wrote:

What phones do you have? If your devices support Advanced Calling/WI-FI Calling, a network extender isn't necessary.

Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Switching carriers may cost a bit more than $250.

Switching to AT&T

Kamrud wrote:

Be careful. I hope I save just one person with this post. Unfortunately, I switched from a long time Verizon customer to AT&T. The unlimited plan enticed me. It was one of the worst mistakes I have made in years. Before I got off the phone from switching, I paid over $100 in sales tax for my phone's. I also had to turn In two galaxy phone's to be eligible. I now got my first AT&T bill. I am not kidding you it was $402.49 for two lines. I will send a copy to anyone that doesn't believe me. I don't care what explanation you give me, over $400 the first month is lousy "Welcome to AT&T". On top of that, I have had issues with reception in places I have never had with Verizon (I live in South Dakota). Worst yet, we got new phones through AT&T because we had to turn in our perfectly functioning Verizon phones so they may not have a contract but If I pull out and stop making the cell payments, I owe just shy of $1400. In other words, I am stuck with a carrier I am not happy with for the next two years. I wish there was a way to wipe my slate clean and come back to Verizon. I would never make that mistake again.

That's a first bill.  Whether it's a new cable company or new cell provider, the first bill is always high because it comes a month later, and includes a partial first month with one time fees, and a full current month.  It is not a reflection of the normal monthly bill.  This is true no matter what carrier you switch to.  You just don't remember if it's been a long time, or haven't switched before.  If the switch is timed a couple days before end of the billing period, you avoid paying another month on the carrier you're leaving. 

The current ATT plan is almost exactly like Verizon's.  The unlimited plan is $100 for the first line $40 for the second.  Then you have to add phones and tax.  So unlimited for 2 lines with new phone installments would be about $200 a month. 

0 Likes
tewbacca

We are able to text from certain areas of the house. Cannot make phone calls in the house.

My wife has an iPhone 5s and I have a 5c.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Service isn't guaranteed inside of buildings.

Purchase a network extender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes