Can my daughter start her own plan but take her number from my plan with her?
MARINEMOM4

I have my Daughter & her husband on my plan but they want to buy 2 new phones and start their own plan, can they take their phone numbers with them to their new plans or will they have to get new ones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can my daughter start her own plan but take her number from my plan with her if she is getting new phones?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, they can take their own numbers.

Keep in mind, though, if those lines are under a service contract they would STILL be under contract on their new plan and would not qualify for any phone purchasing incentives such as purchasing phones on payments.

Additionally, if they want to take those numbers to another cellular provider while under a service contract, you would be liable for any ETF which still remains on those lines.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can my daughter start her own plan but take her number from my plan with her if she is getting new phones?
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, they can take their own numbers.

Keep in mind, though, if those lines are under a service contract they would STILL be under contract on their new plan and would not qualify for any phone purchasing incentives such as purchasing phones on payments.

Additionally, if they want to take those numbers to another cellular provider while under a service contract, you would be liable for any ETF which still remains on those lines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARINEMOM4, I understand the importance of knowing your account options before making any drastic changes. I would like to thank rcschnoor for providing correct information. I would also like to add that if the line is currently in a Device Payment Agreement, the agreement must be current and in active status. If the line is currently eligible to upgrade to a new phone, the line will remain eligible once your daughter takes over the line. For additional information regarding transferring your service click,  http://vz.to/1T5nH7C

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes