Can i change ONLY my area code - would like to keep my number? One respondee previously said yes another said no. Anyone KNOW?
tigereyes1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to change my area code, not my number. Is that possible if the number is not being used by someone in that area code?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can i change ONLY my area code - would like to keep my number? One respondee previously said yes another said no. Anyone KNOW?
Weth
Legend

Basically no.

The number you want in the new area code would have to be an unused number and available for Verizon to assign. This would be highly unlikely.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can i change ONLY my area code - would like to keep my number? One respondee previously said yes another said no. Anyone KNOW?
Weth
Legend

Basically no.

The number you want in the new area code would have to be an unused number and available for Verizon to assign. This would be highly unlikely.

0 Likes
tigereyes1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So how can I find out if my number is available in any of the 3-4 area codes in my current city?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is not possible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Different are codes also have different exchanges. It's likely your exchange( that's the first 3 numbers after the area code ) wouldn't in one of the other area codes. And even if it was it's also likely that number is taken.

0 Likes