Can an iPhone purchased from VZ work on t-mobile?
Winwar

Can an iPhone purchased from VZ work on t-mobile?  Once I pay off the phone, will it be unlocked?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Leaving Verizon, iPhone balance question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it should work. It might not have the full functionality to access that network. The phone is SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it should work. It might not have the full functionality to access that network. The phone is SIM unlocked from the factory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Winwar

What functionality would it lose ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on the phone model you have. Generally you might not get full access to all of the LTE frequencies used by the carrier. You might not be able to get VoLTE on that carrier. There could be other things that don't work fully.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-Winwar

I would be saddened to lose you as part of our Verizon family. What has you feeling this way? What can we do to turn your experience around?

Keep in mind that our devices come unlocked from the manufacturer, but due to programming differences we cannot guarantee our devices on another network. You can learn more about our unlock policy here:  http://vz.to/2lJyxox.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

-Winwar

Great question. Knowing what your device is capable of is definitely important.

Since the device will be used on a different network, the only way to know for sure would be to test it on the network or speak with their customer service as I cannot say for sure how a device would work on a non-Verizon network.

It is possible that you may not be able to use T-Mobile specific apps with a non-TMobile device such as their mobile app or Cloud services. The device may also have a harder time connecting to data at its fullest capacity due to differences in the way the phones are programmed.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Winwar

Well for starters you are $50+ more expensive.  When I did call to see if anything could be done to match T-Mobile I was treated like [Removed].  I'm literally still waiting for a manager to call me back almost two weeks later.  I was lied to and treatsd unprofessionally.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please accept our deepest apologies for not getting a call back. We can look into possible savings for you.  Please respond to the Private Message we have sent so we can proceed.

AnthonyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Cheaper isn't always better.