Can I use an unlocked Verizon iPhone 5 with Verizon?
nemaizels

I am asking this, because there is a cheap one on craigslist. I was wondering if unlocking it makes it unusable with Verizon, even though it originally was intended for use with Verizon. Thanks for any help!

Also, if anyone has any pointers for checking legitimacy on craigslist, please do share.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use an unlocked Verizon iPhone 5 with Verizon?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Should work OK on the Verizon network if the phone is clean (not stolen, etc.).  I recommend arranging to meet the seller at a Verizon store to activate the phone and insure that it is working and has a clear ESN before turning over any money for the phone.  If the seller does not like that idea, then they are suspect (IMO).

Good luck.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it originally was a Verizon iPhone 5,then it will still work on the Verizon Wireless network as long as it hasn't been reported stolen and has a clean IMEI number.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

If it is a Verizon unlocked Iphone 5 and not a GSM ATT, TMOBILE or Sprint phone then YES. But I would do what Spiral said above. Have them meet you at the store and do an esn check for theft. "trust but verify".

0 Likes