Can I upgrade my phone and then change my plan?
bigjoemonger

I have an upgrade in a few days.  I'm currently on a share everything plan alone, so paying for my plan and my line feels like I'm paying twice.  I want to switch to a single line plan.  On top of that my galaxy s3 is screwed up because Verizon mothballed it with the new operating system update kit kat, doesnt recognize any of my chargers (don't even think about advising me on how to fix my phone, I've done everything and nothing has worked).  So I need a new phone.  But switching to the single plan and then getting a new phone with edge still makes me feel like I'm paying for it twice. 

Can I use my upgrade to get a new phone and then afterwards switch my plan to the single line plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I upgrade my phone and then change my plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, upgrade your line, make sure that all goes through, then change your plan to the $60 single line plan.  You probably can do it all at once if you go to a corporate store. If you are trying to do it online, you need to do one step at a time. 

Do the upgrade, and once the new phone is activated and working, then make the switch to the new plan at the start of your next billing cycle.  It'll avoid pro-rating hassles.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, upgrade your line, make sure that all goes through, then change your plan to the $60 single line plan.  You probably can do it all at once if you go to a corporate store. If you are trying to do it online, you need to do one step at a time. 

Do the upgrade, and once the new phone is activated and working, then make the switch to the new plan at the start of your next billing cycle.  It'll avoid pro-rating hassles.

0 Likes
VerizonAnthony
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed^ Verizon silently introduced new plans for single line plann.1  I was paying 92$ for 1 GIG.

0 Likes