Can I tell from looking at the text usage on my acct if texts are being sent to a blocked number?
countrygirl13

I blocked a number on a phone on my plan a couple of days ago, and was wondering if there's a way to tell from looking at the text usage, where it lists the numbers that are being texted, if you can see when the blocked number being texted? I saw that some weird numbers were being texted that started in alot of zeros like "000000###" and a couple times where there was messages received by these weird numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I tell from looking at the text usage on my acct if texts are being sent to a blocked numbe
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 0's and a 5 or 6 digit number are texts sent to a "short code" (Facebook, Twitter, etc) - or messages sent via Yahoo IM or AIM using Mobile IM.  Those will show up as 0032665108 (example - 32665 is FBOOK, 108 is the thread ID, this changes, but the 32665 is the same) or 0000006245 (Yahoo IM).

0 Likes
Re: Can I tell from looking at the text usage on my acct if texts are being sent to a blocked numbe
budone
Legend

countrygirl13 wrote:

I blocked a number on a phone on my plan a couple of days ago, and was wondering if there's a way to tell from looking at the text usage, where it lists the numbers that are being texted, if you can see when the blocked number being texted? I saw that some weird numbers were being texted that started in alot of zeros like "000000###" and a couple times where there was messages received by these weird numbers.

Texts that begin with 00000 with additional numbers are known as short codes. For example messages I receive from Meijer have a code of 0000634537

Look here, Short Codes for example of some. The leading Zeros are removed.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

SuzyQ wrote:

The 0's and a 5 or 6 digit number are texts sent to a "short code" (Facebook, Twitter, etc) - or messages sent via Yahoo IM or AIM using Mobile IM.  Those will show up as 0032665108 (example - 32665 is FBOOK, 108 is the thread ID, this changes, but the 32665 is the same) or 0000006245 (Yahoo IM).

Dogone it! You beat me to it while I was looking for a short code web site!  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

Dogone it! You beat me to it while I was looking for a short code web site!  :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for posting the link to short code directory - then the OP can find out where the messages are coming from or going to....

0 Likes
countrygirl13

thanks guys.. but the numbers didn't look like that. there were like 6 zeros, then 4 numbers at the end.. and the first message sent OUT was to one of those numbers.. then there was 2 messages recieved not longer after that looked the same, but i believe had one less "0" and one more number at the end that wasn't a "0"

but i was also wondering if texting to a blocked number would show up on the text usage..

0 Likes
budone
Legend

countrygirl13 wrote:

thanks guys.. but the numbers didn't look like that. there were like 6 zeros, then 4 numbers at the end.. and the first message sent OUT was to one of those numbers.. then there was 2 messages recieved not longer after that looked the same, but i believe had one less "0" and one more number at the end that wasn't a "0"

but i was also wondering if texting to a blocked number would show up on the text usage..

Some of The examples we provided did have 6 zeros in front with 4 more numbers. These are messages from companies and such. Like IM Yahoo, Facebook and such. 

And I believe if you text to a blocked number, yes it will come out of your text bucket.

0 Likes