Can I remove my daughter from our multi-line account?
max67401
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter and I are on a multi-line account that I own.  We did this so she could get the phone she wanted and to share data.  Our contract ends March 2015.  When our current contract expires, we want to discontinue the multi-line account and each have our own account.  Since I own our current account, we assume I will release her from my account and she will set up an account on her own.  In doing this, would she have to sign another contract?  To remove her from my account, would I have to sign another contract?  To avoid a contract, would we both have to go pre-paid?  Thank you for any information you can give me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Discontinue Multi-Line Account
rcschnoor
Legend

You don't even have to wait until your contract expires if you don't want to. She can perform an AOL(assumption of liability) to take over HER line and leave you with an individual account.

In the future, if you do not want to be on contract you would simply pay full retail for any phones you purchase instead of the greatly discounted prices you would pay when signing a contract. For example the "contract" price of a 16 GB iPhone 5S would be $199.99 vs the "full retail" price of $649.99. By paying that extra $450 for the phone, you DO NOT have to sign a contract.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

You don't even have to wait until your contract expires if you don't want to. She can perform an AOL(assumption of liability) to take over HER line and leave you with an individual account.

In the future, if you do not want to be on contract you would simply pay full retail for any phones you purchase instead of the greatly discounted prices you would pay when signing a contract. For example the "contract" price of a 16 GB iPhone 5S would be $199.99 vs the "full retail" price of $649.99. By paying that extra $450 for the phone, you DO NOT have to sign a contract.Smiley Happy

B33
Legend

what's nice too you can skip the cost of renewing the contract.. which is usually around $30 to $35..

0 Likes