Can I leave my family plan without my abuser knowing?
ChamomileTea1

I am trying to leave an abusive situation. Currently, my abuser is the account owner for our family plan. I am trying to plan my escape as quickly and as quietly as possible. Is there a way that I can remove myself from this plan without the account owner's permission and without them knowing?

It is not safe for me to ask for permission to leave. I'm nervous even now posting this because I'm afraid they can see what I post, so I'm trying to limit any personal details.

Everything I've searched has led me to believe that only the account owner can remove lines from plans. I am so desperate to leave right now, but I really want to avoid escalating things to involve the courts. Are there any options for me?

0 Likes
Re: Can I leave my family plan without my abuser knowing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChamomileTea1

I am truly sorry this has been your experience and we will be more than happy to help you as your safety is always our priority. I will be sending you a private note so that we can better assist you. Please reply to that.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Is there a number we can call you on so that we can assist you? If so please provide the number and the best time (including time zone) you can be reached.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Is there a number we can call you on so that we can assist you? If so please provide the number and the best time (including time zone) you can be reached.

EdwardL_VZW

@ChamomileTea1  Make sure you DO NOT post private information (your number) on this public forum.  Respond via the Private Message.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be best to make a clean break. That means getting a new phone and a new phone number with the carrier of your choice. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes