Can I forward calls to another VZ number on the same plan?
MissPMFFL

I want to forward my daughter's calls to my cell phone. I do not physically have her phone so I went in and set it up online. When I called her phone from my office (using landline) to check if it worked, I get a busy signal. Can I not forward calls from one verizon number to another on the same plan? IDK why this would matter, but just in case, we both have iPhones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I forward calls to another VZ number on the same plan?
Butter2442

You can forward calls to any number so you shouldn't have a problem. I would check and make sure that it's showing that it recognized you entering the whole ten digit number sometimes it only shows the seven digits and that will be a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MissPMFFL,

Oh No! We want to be sure that you are receiving the calls. I know getting a busy tone can be frustrating. I use this feature all the time. Once you choose the number from the drop down menu, then choose to forward all calls. Then put in the 10 digit number. Please do not include the 1 before the area code. Once it goes through it will give you a message saying active. If this did not happen. Please attempt to set it up again. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MissPMFFL

Yes, I followed those steps and I do receive a message indicating it was successfully set up and when I go back to the set up page, it does show calls are active and being forwarded to the correct number. I cancelled the call forwarding after calling and getting busy signal. I then set it up directly from the phone by dialing *72 + my 10 digit phone number and heard the tones indicating it was active. Same thing when I dial her number-busy signal. I deactivated by dialing *73. I tried numerous times online and by handset to forward to different numbers without any luck. Every time I forward all calls to any number and then dial her number, I get a busy signal.

I then tried setting up online by only forwarding calls when not answered or busy and that's the only way it works!

Any ideas on why this is?

0 Likes
MissPMFFL

Thanks. Yes, it is showing 10 digit phone number correctly.

0 Likes