Can I Cancel My Current Plan While I'm Overseas?
MOCONNOR54491

I need to cancel my number from Australia. Ive been searching for hours on your website how to do this. Should not be too tough. Can I do this online? I already have a service over here in Australia so theres no need to try and pitch me that you have great overseas options. I just need to cancel my number. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Overseas Cancellation
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You cannot cancel online.  You need to either call customer service or visit a store.  You probably should have done this before you left the USA.

Verizon has an international support number.  That is likely your only option now.  See this link and click on the Support tab in it. International Travel Plan | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You cannot cancel online.  You need to either call customer service or visit a store.  You probably should have done this before you left the USA.

Verizon has an international support number.  That is likely your only option now.  See this link and click on the Support tab in it. International Travel Plan | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MOCONNOR54491,

The last thing we want is for you to leave our family. Why are you wanting to cancel your service?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello MOCONNOR54491,

The last thing we want is for you to leave our family. Why are you wanting to cancel your service?

Really???? Have you recently expanded your coverage area to include Australia??????

Re: Can I Cancel My Current Plan While I'm Overseas?

Verizon are monopolist scum. Their international support numbers are inactive. Send them a message on twitter as proof that you tried to cancel and then file a complain with the FTC.

0 Likes
Re: Can I Cancel My Current Plan While I'm Overseas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to connect to our international support to get this line disconnected. You can try our main number 1-908-559-4899 to contact our international support, or contact our toll-free number from Australia at, 0011 800-50050099. Let us know if these numbers work for you. 

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes