Can Anyone Help Me Set Up Wi-Fi Calling?
mgibson223

I live in a canyon and at home get virtually no cell service.  I just setup Wifi Calling in hopes it would help.  Someone called me as a test and I could hear them but they obviously could not hear me.   Any ideas?

Thanks Mike

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi calling
Weth
Legend

Satellite may be the problem. Voice communication is very dependent on good ping and low jitter and satellite does poorly in those parameters. .  You can run a voip quality test from a pc and see how the satellite connection fares.  That could explain why the extenders don't work well either. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Could you have covered the microphone during the test? Did you try on speakerphone or Bluetooth?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mgibson223

Iphone 6.  I did not try speaker or Bluetooth I simply answered the call as a normal cell call.  I do not have a Bluetooth connection outside my car.  I do have an Otter case and have accepted cell calls through cell service. 

Thanks

0 Likes
mgibson223

Hi.  I just answered the call not with speaker phone or Bluetooth.  I do have an Otter case on the phone but it works fine with a cell call.

Mike [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

mgibson223, it is important to us that you are able to use the wifi calling feature to the best of its ability and we'd be happy to provide additional support.

Was the call that you answered successful with no audio issues? We want to be sure this concern has been eliminated for you. I did include additional information on wifi calling here Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless  for you. If you require further assistance or have any other questions or concerns, we will be ready to assist.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Usually pretty much plug and play.  I would reboot everything in the network.  Reboot your phone, reboot the router, and reboot the modem. 

0 Likes
mgibson223

I did reboot satellite modem, router and phone.  I can hear the other party on a Wifi call perfect but they only hear me intermittently.  I often cut out.  I will acknowledge that satellite internet does not work with mini-tower boosters  which  I have tried.  Due to terrain cable is not available so I was hoping Wifi cell service would be the answer.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Satellite may be the problem. Voice communication is very dependent on good ping and low jitter and satellite does poorly in those parameters. .  You can run a voip quality test from a pc and see how the satellite connection fares.  That could explain why the extenders don't work well either. 

0 Likes