Calling voice mail charged against minutes used
minerva3n8

Why am I being charged minutes against my account for calling voicemail?

Also, suddenly i'm getting spammed by telemarketers that I did not have any contact with EVER.  This is also being charged against my minutes used. 

I'm considering buying out my contract with verizon and obtaining a plan that is only $45.00 a month unlimited talk, unlimited text, unlimited data.  I'm being charged 120.00 by Verizon Wireless.  I"m only getting 450 minutes a month.  unlimited text and a $30.00 data plan.   I really don't think Verizon services are worth 3x that of other carriers, especially when I am being charged minutes for calling voice mail for Gods sake.    This is ridiculous.  I feel i'm being violated, overcharged, and totally screwed.

I know many people with other companies paying only 39.99 to 45.00 a month unlimited everything.  They don't have any problems with service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calling voice mail charged against minutes used
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Calling voicemail has always counted against your minutes. If you can wait until the night and weekend minutes kick in to check voicemail.

Where are you going to get a "unlimited" plan for $45 per month?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
minerva3n8

Hi Ann,

There are more companies than these, but this is just a few.  These also do not require a contract.

T-Mobile $70/month unlimited talk/text/data

MetroPC $40/month unlimited talk/text/data

Straight Talk $45/month unlimited talk/text/data

Virgin Mobile $55/month unlimited talk/text/data 

I know a quite a few people using these services for quite a while and don't have any complaints.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

minerva3n8 wrote:

Hi Ann,

There are more companies than these, but this is just a few.  These also do not require a contract.

T-Mobile $70/month unlimited talk/text/data

MetroPC $40/month unlimited talk/text/data

Straight Talk $45/month unlimited talk/text/data

Virgin Mobile $55/month unlimited talk/text/data 

I know a quite a few people using these services for quite a while and don't have any complaints.

Say hello to throttling with those plans. Read the fine print.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
minerva3n8

Thank you for your comments Ann, but I'm just wanting to know why I get charged is all.  For what I pay a month, I should have unlimited everything.  Charging for verizon to verizon phones, checking voice mail, seems petty.    Throttling with any plan and the fine print that goes with them.....corporate greed.

Happy New Year!   lol

Dealing with any company has a fine print.  Just as i'm being charged to check voice mail.  Verizon has many hidden charges as well. 

Just seems to me it would behoove some companies to reduce their charges since they offer nothing more, nothing better than the other.  In fact, as in my case....some charge more for less services.

At&t $70/month unimited talk/text/data

Boost $50/month unlimited talk/text/data

Alltel &75/month unlimited talk/text/data

0 Likes
minerva3n8

Verizon worked for me when my sons were all on my plan.  It was a pretty good deal.  But now that they are all grown, and I have had to change my plan..... i'm not happy with the service for what i'm paying.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt that AT&T plan has unlimited data.

Alltel doesn't exist. What little bit of the company that remains is being merged with AT&T.

Boost throttles.

I have the same 450 minute plan minus the unlimited texting and I knew that it goes against my minutes if I checked my voicemail during peak hours.

0 Likes
minerva3n8

Well, after being an unvalued customer for several years....it's cheaper

to buy out my contract, and go with prepaid with no contract. Check the

web sites, thats where I got my information.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

minerva3n8 wrote:

Well,  after being an unvalued customer for several years....it's cheaper

to buy out my contract, and go with  prepaid with no contract.  Check the

web sites, thats where I got my information.

I would suggest that you read the fine print of the service agreement with whatever carrier you choose.

0 Likes
minerva3n8

Thank you, I have and will continue to check them all out before I change

over.

Happy new year Smiley Happy

0 Likes