Calling Restricitons
KJFIZZZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

My friend recently changed his phone number (he has Verizon), he can receive calls from everyone but me.  When I call I get the message "the number you have called has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of your call Announcement 19 Location 24257.  Can anyone explain to me why I cannot call him and everyone else can?  How can this be fixed? 

Labels (1)
Re: Calling Restricitons
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
KJFIZZZ, we certainly want you to be able to reach your friend from your mobile phone. The key here is the reference to "Calling Restrictions." It is possible that your friend is using a call blocking feature that blocks calls from specific phone numbers. A lot depends on the service provider your friend is subscribing to.

For example, if your friend is a Verizon Wireless customer and is using our very popular free Call & Message Block feature, for calls from blocked numbers, the caller (You) hears, "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which have prevented the completion of your call." Our customers using the Call and Message Block feature are not notified of an attempted call from a blocked number.

I also noted that your friend recently changed his phone number. He may have done so for many reasons. It is very possible that your phone number may be added to his blocked call list. Your friend would know for sure by simply checking to see if he is subscribing to a call blocking feature. I hope this is beneficial. - RobertC_VZW  

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Heidi71

I called a brand new number to a animal shelter and got this message also had my daugcall and she got it to???

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Heidi71

Thank you for those additional details. We will be sending you a private note so that we can gather the information needed to better assist you.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes