Callers getting not in service message--HELP!!!
JUDLEA8

My number was ported from Vonage in May.  Periodically people try to call me and they receive various forms of "this number is not in service".  Sometimes they can send a text, sometimes not.  I have talked with tech support three separate times in the last week.  My phone has been replaced twice.  The SIM card has been replaced.  They have re-synched my phone to the network and I have reset my network settings.  NONE of this has made any difference.  It is not an equipment problem because the calls are being diverted soemwhere before they get to my phone.How can I get to someone at a support level who can trace where calls are being diverted?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Callers getting not in service message--HELP!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JUDLEA8-

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with our services. Let's work towards a solution. Is this issue happening when you are in an specific location? Are you able to send a text or make a phone call when people is not able to reach you? Please provide your zip code.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Callers getting not in service message--HELP!!!
JUDLEA8

I have no problem making calls or sending texts to anyone.  The problem is receiving calls.  Initially, it seemed to be calls being made from AT&T cell phones in western Pennsylvania.  Most recently, it has been calls from western Pennsylvania, specifically from the Franklin, PA, area.  I had someone try to call me from an office land line in Mansfield, PA, recently.  There is also someone who tried to call me from the Baltimore, MD, area.  He called from an AT&T cell phone, a Verizon cell phone, and from a Fios “land line”.  He was able to reach me from his Fios line, but not the others.  Everyone gets some version of a message stating that the number is not in service.  From Mansfield, they got the number is not in service most of the time, but also a busy on one call and a ring no answer on another.  In every case, I have no indication that there has been a call attempt.  The Baltimore caller got an error code of 404 in addition to the not in service message.  My number was ported from Vonage to Verizon Wireless in May of 2016 so we could cancel our Vonage service and use only cell phones.  This problem occurred shortly after the port was completed and I went to my local store where they called the port office and were told that the port was clean.  I have no way of knowing when someone has tried to reach me because I do not see any indication of a call attempt.  The only reason I know about the most recent calls is that each of these people have another way to reach me like email or my husband’s cell number.  It seems to me that while the port appeared to be clean, there is something somewhere in the big wide network that did not switch properly and some calls from some people get stopped at that point in the routing.  This is not a device problem, it appears to be a routing problem.  Unfortunately, it is not every call from any of the locations where people have had problems, but those who are having problems continue to have them.  My number has been deleted and resynced to the network, the network settings on my phone have been reset.  I suspect that the calls may not be reaching the Verizon network at all.  I do not want to have to change my phone number as this is the primary number for our household.  My zip code is 23185.  When we first got this number through Vonage, we lived in zip code 16749.  The greatest number of problems have been from phones in or near zip code 16323.

The local office told me to call tech support and ask for Level 2 Service, but I have not been able to get anyone to pass me on to them.  I hope you are able to assist me.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes