Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,149 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Caller Name ID not showing number for UNKNOWN NAME calls
Borgdrone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just recently, the Caller Name ID app stopped showing the number for the UNKNOWN NAME calls. It did used to show the number. It also used to rate the call with a likelyhood of spam or not. Now, it just shows UNKNOWN NAME. Can we go back to the way it used to operate?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Caller Name ID not showing number for UNKNOWN NAME calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Different devices and OSs have different limitations on what Caller Name ID can do. So if you recently changed devices that could be the reason for the issue.

You can also contact the development team for apps directly by using contact information in the app description.

PaulS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question, please click the correct answer question under the response. This ensures other can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Borgdrone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps we aren't communicating  I did not change phones. This is your app that I pay Verizon a monthly fee for. It is not working when it used to work. So, if it is no longer working and you have no interest in addressing my concerns  then I will will remove it from my plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any miscommunication. What troubleshooting steps have you attempted since you first started having this issue? How long has it been since you started having this issue? Did it happen after an update?

0 Likes
Borgdrone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know of any real troubleshooting steps to take. The app has very little in the way of settings. I know it is being invoked. It just isn't displaying anything but "UNKNOWN NAME" for calls it can't identify. And, I am not seeing any spam classification any longer. Mostly, I see "UNKNOWN NAME".

I think this has been going on for one to two months. As to whether or not there was an update, I'm not sure. Updates to apps happen frequently, so I don't pay attention to which ones get updated each day.

In any case, since the first response to my question was so bad, I have cancelled the service, disabled the app, and downloaded something equivalent from the Play store to replace it.

Janowm1958
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I am having the same problem and am not subscribed to Verizon's caller ID service. All was working well until about a month ago. Please share with me the name of the app you have replaced the Verizon ID with? Thanks, in advance...

Borgdrone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up downloading and using an app called Hiya. I'm not sure it works as nicely as the original Verizon app did a few months ago. But, it's definitely better than the Verizon app is today.

wesleyserra
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact problem as OP, except that it began as soon as I downloaded (AND PAID FOR, Verizon) the app a couple of weeks ago.  I have my account set not to take calls that block caller ID, and I would see the number of anonymous or unknown callers.  Now I just get "UNKNOWN CALLER" and no number.  That's bad.  Even for callers not in my contacts, I will frequently know if it's a call I want by the number.  Now I don't see it.  Verizon, an app applying a database of known spam numbers is a good idea, one I'd pay for.  Substituting a number, not in contacts and not on spam list, for "UNKNOWN CALLER" is a terrible idea.  In short order it is going to lead me to cancel it, and tell people not to get it.

Unless, of course, you do something.

DANMUR31

Just got two new LG G7 ThinQ phones, we do not subscribe to the Name Caller ID service, but my phone will show number and if in my contact list name and on the other Hand my wife’s phone will only show unknown?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to have our services working. We want to help address what is going on with Caller Name ID. Since this started, are any other services having any issues? What kind of device do you have? Have you tried resetting your network settings? Has a factory reset been attempted?

JavierMD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Add thoughts to the community

Start a new topic or ask questions in the open forum.