Call blocking outrageous
SusanSch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon wireless offers free call blocking service for up to 5 numbers. Given the number of robocalls and phone numbers used by telemarketers this is outrageous.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call blocking outrageous
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You can get more numbers with Family Base for $5 per month.

It is fruitless though as the robocalls will change the caller ID number and be able to get through.

I still don't understand why people are getting all these calls. I don't get any. I guess it's because I don't have my number associated with Facebook and I don't put it on websites unless it is needed for an order that I am placing.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

If I see a number that is not affiliated with an area I'm familiar with, I send the call to voicemail. If it's important the person will leave a message. As to being frustrated that a wireless provider doesn't let me block more calls is an unneeded headache. Back in the day we didn't have called id. Now that peopl have it its a big deal knowing who calls and when.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't really care who is calling me. If I don't know the number, I don't answer it. Remember before Caller ID but after answering machines? How people would screen their calls? Frankly, if 'you' don't want people to call you then 'you' probably don't need a telephone.