Call back? Please contact me
mikebush101

I am writing this because I have been a long time customer of Verizon and have never been this displeased with the customer service. Last week mid-week I called regarding my plan limits and data to see if there was anything that could be done seeing as I just cancelled my internet service and was racking up my data more quickly than usual. They gave me the whole rundown that they're being more competitive with the data plans in the aggressive market and so on, but would check and see if there were any new plans available. I am a single person on an individual plan and was paying about $100/mo for 450 minutes, unlimited messaging and 2GB data. A few months back I called because I was seeing family plans for that price. Eventually I got my plan to $60/mo for unlimited talk/text and 2GB data. During this phone call I was told by the sales rep that in this "trial market" there were a few plans available to me. I was told i could pick between $50/mo for 4GB & unlimited talk/text, and $60 for 6GB & unlimited talk/text. Naturally, I said great sign me up for the 6GB! "Okay sir let me put you on a brief hold and get this plan set up for you."

30 minutes go by.

"Sir i'm having difficulty can you hold on just a few more moments?"

15 minutes go by.

"Okay it looks like I'm unable to set up this plan on your account." Apparently it is not being offered in my area or for my line. It was offered to me as a loyalty plan/discount and taken away just as quickly. I asked to speak to a supervisor, someone from tech support got on the phone and said she was trying everything she could do to get me the plan.

45 minutes go by!

Same result. She was unable to help. Finally I get a supervisor who was extremely rude. Granted, I know they have to deal with many angry customers daily but I was nice and polite in explaining my situation (despite being on the line for an hour and a half already). Instantly she gave me an attitude and was insisting that it was my fault and there was nothing she could do about it either except talk to the call center. She said she could have a higher up call me within 24-72 hours to discuss the problem but it would most likely be the same outcome. I requested that phone call and am still waiting. It has almost been a week now.

I am in sales and am not trying to make a stink but the #1 most important thing in sales is customer service and standing behind your product. Clearly, people make mistakes but as a company, when a representative offers the consumer something they should stand behind it. This is especially true for loyal customers and the fact that such a plan does exist for loyal customers makes me wonder why I could not have it. The bottom line is that I should have received a call back and am now questioning my value as a client and consumer, There are many competitive deals out there providers are offering, I just want to give Verizon a chance to right this wrong so I can continue on as a happy/loyal customer. I would appreciate contact as I do not want to call in again and go through the same situation I just did. I can be reached at [removed]. Thank you

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call back? Please contact me
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Being in sales you should know that you can't give something to someone if it is not a valid promotion or sale. It seems, like you said, someone made a mistake. There are so many offerings and maybe the rep you spoke to initially was new and got them mixed up. It seems like you want more for less and, again being in sales, you should know that it doesn't work that way. I suggest that you stop "trying to make a stink" and figure something else out and move on.

0 Likes
mikebush101

Oh that's funny because I called and said I was going to go to sprint and they honored the plan.. Are you from Verizon? No.. Obviously not in (successful) sales either I imagine. Thanks for the input though!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am glad it worked out for you but it usually doesn't.

I am very successful at what I do by the way.

0 Likes