CMDA Roaming in India?
bchandler02

Just wondering if anyone has actually tried it, as I have gotten mixed messages. The website shows a CDMA rate of $1.99 a minute, but when I called customer service, they told me it was GSM only in India, so no roaming with the 8330.

Has anyone actually tried this to see if it will work, or know for sure either way? There appears to be CDMA coverage by Tata Indicom, and this person seems to be saying it will work: (http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Cell-Phone-General-Devices/roaming-in-india/m-p/73884)

Just curious if anyone can shed some light. I'm a former Alltel market/plan/phone if that matters. Blackberry 8330 to be exact.

Any feedback is much appreciated!!

As a bonus, if it will work, any idea on data or text charges?

Thanks everyone!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CMDA Roaming in India?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

CDMA service is available in India. You can view the specific details here and get a general idea of coverage by city. Now, MOST of the country is GSM only. So it really depends on exactly where you're going. India in general is a big place.

Text messaging while roaming is .50/send and .05 receive.

Data is .002 per Kb. Or you can subscribe to the global data plan for unlimited data while roaming for $64.99.

If you're eligible for an upgrade you can always upgrade to the Tour or either model of Storm. Both are CDMA and GSM capable.

0 Likes