Re: CAN'T REGISTER CAN'T PAY BILL
Not applicable

The two numbers I gave last time do not need calling cards.

However it depends on what type of carrier you are roaming on. Its either GSM or CDMA technology.

Now most phones used in other countries use GSM.

I have been searching for the Verizon wireless collect call number. One time while out of the country I called the local operator, gave her the collect call number and she placed the call to Verizon and then asked Verizon if they will accept the call and they said yes.

That is what I wish I could find for you. I am still looking.

Sorry you are having such a hard time.

cantpaybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the GSM/CDMA distinction has no relevance at all because I tried calling both numbers numerous times. Perhaps there is something wrong with the roaming. If so, it would be alarming because I stated to the Verizon sales representative at the New York retail store where I purchased the phone that "the most important factor for me in choosing a model was how it would work with international roaming." I also stated numerous times that I did not want to have to setup anything on my own and wanted the phone to be usable immediately overseas. Right before picking up the phone to leave the store I directly asked the sale representative if the international roaming had been correctly activated and she replied, "yes."

If you can give me a phone number to give to the local operator I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry for the delay.

You must call from a landline phone to reach the operator for a collect call to Verizon wireless. Not your cell phone.

Obvious reasons for this is if you must do something on your device while speaking to global support.

Did you purchase the Global Plan before you left the USA?

When you go to another country it normally works under either GSM or CDMA it depends on the device and if its unlocked for use in that country. Did Verizon wireless unlock the device for global use?

They charge for such use.

If the phone its self is global ready then you pop in a Sim from a local carrier and you are set to go.

If you use the device under Verizon's global plan the settings on the device have to be set for international/global use on the phone. Has that been done?

Call Verizon from your hotel or friends landline to one of the numbers I gave you above. Call collect. Use the operator.

Don't use a cell phone.

cantpaybill
Enthusiast - Level 2

"I tried the number using my original Verizon SIM card and global roaming turned on.

I tried the number using the foreign SIM card I obtained here."

"I stated to the Verizon sales representative at the New York retail store where I purchased the phone that 'the most important factor for me in choosing a model was how it would work with international roaming.' I also stated numerous times that I did not want to have to setup anything on my own and wanted the phone to be usable immediately overseas. Right before picking up the phone to leave the store I directly asked the sale representative if the international roaming had been correctly activated and she replied, 'yes.'"

I am sick and tired of being forced to perform quality control for Verizon. The staggering ineptitude of Verizon boggles and staggers my mind. I do not want to learn any more details about Verizon's incompetent ways. I will find yet another landline to make the calls only because I have no other choice if I want to just move on with my own life.

The fact that Verizon actual sent me an email(that cannot be replied to) about a bloated $635.73 bill is truly paradoxical because I should be the one suing Verizon for monetary damages by soliciting me to buy their most expensive phone, getting me to rely on their representations about it, and when I encountered a problem with their dumb-machine operated payment methods, force me to waste my valuable time and take on inordinate amounts of mental aggravation while searching and probing for any way under the sun to get a hold of one of their elusive agents. That $635.73 bill might even contain deliciously large "late payment fees," just to elevate Verizon's incompetence to the level of fraud.

I sincerely wish that this sickly company goes extinct.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I was reading last night this not setting the phone up, or it cannot be used in all countries is common.

One guy just gave up and turned the phone off and purchased a global phone in Europe that worked all over with a Sim he purchased for around $200 plus the phone cost him around $500

Said it was that or pay Verizon over $3000.00 for not having global ability due to Verizon's mess.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cantpaybill,

We want accessing your account to be easy! You can click here to pay your bill online using your account number https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/cws/viewLoginPage.do .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
udab280

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   Trying and TRYING to pay you and no app, no link, no webpage will take my payment.  Since you changed your system EVERYTHING is a MESSS!!!  We have always paid our bill ONTIME and the past 3-4 months have been nothing but a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  we recently changed our account, removing the 'business account' because that was a NIGHTMARE and now this account is a NIGHTMARE.  Go back to your old system..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your payment is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience, let's get to the bottom of this once and for all. What error message do you receive? Additionally, I will be sending you a private message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes