Buyer Beware
SBConsumer

I was enticed to switch to smart phones with the lure of a personalized email promising me $100 bill credits if I ordered by 3/31/2014.  I have spent dozens of hours with Verizon trying to sort this out, only to learn that this was a bait and switch deal.  I can see from complaints on the internet that many other people were scammed by this offer, and I'm wondering if they reached resolution.  My story goes like this:

3-31-14 - After receiving a personal email inviting me to switch smart phones in exchange for $100 bill credits, I take the bait and convert 2 dumb phones to smart phones.  When the credit doesn't show up, I make the following calls.

4-27-14 - Verizon (Danielle) confirms that I will get the credit, but it will take 2-3 billing cycles.  It is scheduled to come.

5-7-14 - Verizon (AJ) confirms that the credit shows in my file, but again, it takes 2-3 billing cycles.  It will come.

5-24-14 - Verizon (Jessica) confirms that I'm scheduled to get the credit, but not enough time has elapsed -- be patient.

7-14-14 - I ask to escalate the matter, and am transferred to a Verizon Manager (Tina) at "headquarters."  She assures me that I am scheduled to get the credit, but indicates that they are so backlogged with responses to this offer that it will take another cycle.  She advises that if the credit isn't applied by the 4th cycle (next month), I should call back and any customer care rep will be able to apply a manual credit for me.  She assures me she has made extensive notes in my file, and I should not encounter any further delays.

9-7-14 - Verizon (Keith) tells me that all of these other people were wrong, including Tina the manager from headquarters.  He went back to read the original offers, and since I got discounts on the phones, the $100 credits don't apply (this isn't mentioned anywhere in the offers or fine print).  He indicates that the original credit offer was made to me in error, and it is absurd that I would expect this credit after receiving discounted phones.  I point out that my phone bill jumped $80/month, almost $2,000 over the term of the contract, so the credit doesn't seem at all absurd to me.  When I ask to escalate the matter, he indicates he is the final word and there isn't anyone else with whom I can speak.  He's impervious to my perfect record as a Verizon customer for over 2 decades.  He also tells me I'm stuck with my contract.

Has anyone else encountered a situation like this, and were you able to resolve it? It just doesn't seem right that loyal customers are treated this way over such a small matter.  Is Small Claims Court my best recourse?  Thank you -

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Buyer Beware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is quite concerning to read SBConsumer. As a consumer myself, I know how important it is to receive the correct information about your monthly costs, promotions, and overall wireless account status. I truly apologize for the problems so far, but I'm happy to help clarify them all and get to the bottom of this so I can provide you with correct information. Please reply to my Direct Message so I can assist.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Buyer Beware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is quite concerning to read SBConsumer. As a consumer myself, I know how important it is to receive the correct information about your monthly costs, promotions, and overall wireless account status. I truly apologize for the problems so far, but I'm happy to help clarify them all and get to the bottom of this so I can provide you with correct information. Please reply to my Direct Message so I can assist.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes