Bonus data
TwinsFanWI

Why does Verizon use my bonus data first each month?  It should be used after I have used my regular purchased data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bonus data
Snn5
Legend

I haven't found that it makes a difference.  If you pay for 1GB and you get 2GB, it doesn't matter which is used first.  Both GBs look the same.....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is there a reason your regular allowance "should" be used first. Any left over data at the end of the month simply will no longer be available so it doesn't matter which is used first. You use the same amount of data regardless which is used first.

TwinsFanWI

Yes, it matters, my one time 2gb bonus data is good for 3 months, but it'll be gone the first month because it is used before the regular data.  So the only way I'll have any carry over for month two is if I use less than a total of 2gb in the first month. 

Example: I started this month with 2 bonus, 2 regular, if I use 2 this month I'll have no bonus to carry over.  I should have used my regular first & had 2 bonus to carry over to the next month.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Is this a prepaid plan, pay as you go, monthly plan?  Did the bonus data come from Smart Rewards or a one time purchase on a 90 day plan?  You issue sounds like this picture:

Capture.PNG

Data in 2nd package is held in reserve until the base amount is used.  If you had 1GB base and you bought another 3GB, the 3GB would be good for 90 days, but not be used until after you used the 1GB for that period.  I would rather use the 1st GB and siphon off the 3GB for 90 days as needed, giving me 2GB a month.

But, this might not be the plan you were describing.

0 Likes
Theborgers

When I purchased a bonus data I thought as a one time deal for one month when we are running low will it keep billing every month?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Purchased bonus data......do you mean you changed your plan on postpaid or you are pre paid and added data for the remainder of the month?

0 Likes