Bogo charges fraud
Natilia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had been waiting for the bogo deal on the new Samsung's.  I ordered them online and the total due was $139.   Then I get a letter that says it will be $278.65 so I  hatted with a Verizon rep to see why the difference.  He then told me that amount was wrong the new charge is now $334.66!!!!! This is ridiculous!!!

This is totally unethical too  I have been with Verizon for many years even though they are the most expensive carrier but I stayed because of the coverage.  But this has totally made me disgusted in the company so I will be returning my phones and going with a more ethical company

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bogo charges fraud
boringusername
Master - Level 1

A letter? When did you do this? Also chat reps can often be worng. Also ESTIMATED charges are often wrong initially. Here's an idea wait until an actual bill is made

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What was $139?   Sales tax 

what was $278?   Your future bills?

What was  $334?   Your next bill with one time charges and prorated service?

Im going to assume the charges didn’t come out if thin air and have some basis in your actual service and phone billing   

Bogo deals require a new line and an upgraded line, each with a one time fee of $30 typically.  So there is a $60 added charge.     Then you are billed for the new line, any portion of the existing month which you were already billed,  and likely paid for, as prorated charges, then the increase in your bill as BOGO credits do not kick in for 2 to 3 months. 

Per your state law, you must pay sales tax up front.  

0 Likes
Natilia
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes a letter since they didn't have my email for some reason.  It is not an estimate it states right on the letter this is the details of my next bill

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get your Bogo promotion. Our Bogo promotions require a new line of service, and an upgraded device to qualify. Were both devices purchased on the same day? How many billing cycles have passed since you purchased these devices? What kind of phone did you buy? We would like to look over our promotions available to make sure you get the right promotion.

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
Jcallicutt54
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
Don't forget they will charge you full retail price tax on the so called free one. I'm not sure how any device your charged zero dollars for has 55 dollars in tax on it.
0 Likes