Blocking restricted calls
Pumpkin

THERE REALLY NEEDS TO BE A WAY TO BLOCK RESTRICTED CALLS FROM GETTING THOUGH TO YOUR CELL PHONE YOU CAN BLOCK THEM FROM YOUR LAND LINES BUT NOT YOUR CELL...IF THEY ARE GOING TO CALL MY PHONE THEY NEED TO MAKE THERE NUMBER VISIBLE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS CALLING BUT VERIZON HAS NO WAY TO BLOCK RESTRICTED CALLS WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY THEY HAVE GO FIGURE...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking restricted calls
budone
Legend

You can, it is an option with the $4.99 month security plan. You can choose to block restricted and unknown calls.

0 Likes
ErlingKurtti

Thanks for being the messenger. However, $4.99 * 12 months * 4 phones = $239.52 a year.  We'll just keep hitting ignore and continue to be irritated but with the added knowledge that Verizon could help us as an included service but they prefer to take even more money from us instead.

0 Likes
EmagehtmaI
Enthusiast - Level 3

I remember my sister had an older phone with AT&T (like, 5 years ago) that had that option just built into the settings. Just click "block restricted calls" and BAM. No more restricted calls.

VerizonCat

I was appalled when I spoke with Verizon and they wanted to charge $4.99 a month to block obvious malicious calls.

I occasionally get restricted calls from telemarketers, but recently I have received FAX calls.

Oct11 03:13 and 13:18 PT, Oct12 06:58 PT, Oct 13 05:40 PT.

I've had to turn my cell phone off to avoid being awakened in the middle of the night.

Perhaps these are innocent FAX calls but without ID there is no way to tell the morons to stop.

Nor will Verizon help.  I consider it EXTORTION that they want $4.99 per month to block this stuff.

My phone is not capable of receiving a FAX.  Verizon obviously knows this.  They should block the calls.

They said I must get a subpoena for them to release the id of the calling number.

I will try to do this then I will sue Verizon for the costs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VerizonCat!

I know that restricted calls are very annoying at times, especially if you are in the middle of doing something! ErlingKurtti has an option of just hitting "ignore" when calls like this come in, but I'd like to look into some other options. What model phone do you have? You may have a phone that has a setting to automatically ignore certain calls. Let's take a look into it for you! Please let me know what model phone you have, to see if you have other options besides ignoring the call or adding the Usage Controls feature.

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes