Black Friday sales
SHAKOS0
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have been on hold for hours today waiting to talk with an agent.  Since that was unsuccessful, I chatted with an agent online, only to find out that the phone I wanted to upgrade to was sold out.  The agent told me to try back in a few hours, saying that it will be available later.  So once again, waited 35 mins on the phone, then messaged an agent.  He told me that Black Friday sales are “while supplies last”, and the phone I wanted was sold out, so I asked for a rain check    Verizon doesn’t do rain checks.  Extremely frustrating, since they should have had more agents available to answer phones and work with customers.  So disgusted!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Black Friday sales
MUNCHBAY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed I feel like they’re just scamming customers.  When I called they had the iPhone X in stock on line and in store by the time I got done they were out yet they are advertising it 6 hours later and Nowhere did it say in stock only. They claim a reference in the shipping area covers it but that’s a bunch of bull.  On top of that I was sent to see if they had it at Best Buy so I could get the promotion so after a 25 minute drive there and a 45 minute in store wait I was told they don’t have that promotion and can’t honor it.  Of course by the time I wait to get an agent they are now out of stock in the authorized dealers too.  I got garbage and there response is basically nothing.  I don’t see staying with a company that doesn’t honor its prices!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Why didn't you just do it online? You didn't expect their customer service reps to be busy on Black Friday?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

No scamming but if you feel that way maybe shouldn't do business with "scammers" and find another carrier. Verizon scammed you because you CHOSE to not do it online

0 Likes
MUNCHBAY
Enthusiast - Level 2

[removed] They should advertise properly or take care of their customers when they fail to do so.  Even Walmart will honor their prices when they place something with the wrong tag.  As stated previously if they’d advertised that it was limited quantities I would have rushed to place my order instead of waiting on hold for a small fee waiver.  My real problem is that I was sent to a store to get the deal and then waited 45 minutes to be seen and even though they did have a phone they Did not have the deal so because I was misinformed I missed the opportunity to check other independent locations that did have the deal on top of the problem with the agent being slow The first time plus the hold time being astronomical.  The agent I spoke with seemed to think highly of the company because she was sure they’d find an alternative, she said she’d call when she found out What it was. Not shockingly I didn’t receive a call back.  Amazon cured their problem by showing the percent available.  This shows that it’s limited quantities and that you need to order NOW.  Simple fix.  Instead Verizon continued to advertise their amazing deal hours after it was available.  This is the very definition of false advertisement.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

alans_vzw
Verizon Employee

SHAKOS0, I appreciate your feedback and apologize you spent hours on the phone in your attempt to upgrade to a new iPhone X during Black Friday. Once the iPhone X sold out, we did update our website as listing the iPhone X out of stock and no being available for purchase anymore.

I do apologize for the misinformation of trying to call back or check in later. Once any device is sold out and the promotional period has ended, no promotional pricing order can be placed afterward. I wish things were different in the availability of the phone and the ability to assist customers more promptly. If not already done so, please let us know if there's any other device you would like to upgrade to so we can follow up with you directly. Thank you!

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes