Billing
Bmatey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spoken with Verizon multiple time about over billing my account. I have been passed around like a rag doll. I've called support over 6 times and every cal is goundhog day. They have no information and pass me along to another operator who also has no information. After hours of wasted time they tell me it will be sent to another department and they'll be in touch .... that has yet to happen!

When I call back to find out the status of my account, well the groundhog day starts again. I have been a verizon wireless customer for 20 years and this terrible! I am actually ready to switch to T-Mobile... As I type another operator just came on. " Hello, can I have your first and last name" really!?!

OK, that was more of the same! How does Verizon maintain such a customer base with such horrible service? On top of the over billing everymonth my two year old Iphone just stopped working during an app install. I am no longer able to get a service signal.No problem, I call verizon .... they cah help . Nope! Must be my phone has gone bad, but hey your eligibale for an upgrade! I am so turned off bu verizon right now and I'm sure there are more like me.

I imagine the other carriers will be a bit nicer when I call.

A long time verizon guy...... was 😞

Re: Billing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bmatey, Thank you for being in the Verzion family for 20-years and we look forward to keeping you in the Verizon family. We're sorry to hear that you've have been having a challenge in getting a resolution to your iPhone crashing, we're here to help. What model iPhone do you have (7, X, 6s)? Have you tried restoring the phone through iTunes (http://spr.ly/6600EIjIO)?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

call cs about billing issues, this is a peer to peer forum on "how to" fix phone problems.

0 Likes
daveziola18

I have not nothing but problems with my bill since I switched from Sprint to Verizon. I was promised the sun, moon and stars and it was all garbage.  The last straw is when the Seth at the Verizon store took off my husband's sim card on his phone and broke it.  Now we have to pay to have it fixed. What a rip off!

0 Likes
Macfahad
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm In the same situation as you and I'm sure there are many others. Verizon's cs has gone down the trash real quick. At the moment I'm also in the market to move to tmobile as soon as I'm able to. Their customer service just doesn't care and lie without resolving issues. Unbelievable but it will soon be over for me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daveziola18,

This is never good to see. I'm sorry to see this is the experience you've had with us. I will be happy to look into this. What kind of issues are you having? Can you please share more detail?

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to provide the best customer service, and I apologize if that has not been the case. The last thing we want is for your to think about leaving us. Let's work together and turn this around. Are there any pending or current issues we can help with? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
fethigulen

We initially had 9 lines (start unlimited) in our account. We also enrolled in with auto pay which qualified each line for $30 plus taxes and surcharges (normally its $40).

1 month ago, the primary account holder removed two lines from the account. Then, he paid the balance due in advance with Verizon gift cards that were provided from Verizon. After January 10th, I saw that there was an additional $20 per line in total of $180. I used the live chat feature of Verizon app to discuss this additional $180 charge. I've chatted with a live Verizon agent for 30 min. He, the Verizon agent, insulted me for not understanding the auto pay discount qualification. Apparently, when you pay in advance, it disqualifies the auto pay discount. So, the $30 amount for each line went up to $40 per line. HOWEVER, there was an additional $10 charge for each line. This additional $10 is called "one-time charges and credits" on the bill. Then, the same agent said that this additional $10 charge per each line was a mistake. He, the Verizon agent, said that he would fix this issue for this bill and credit $180 to my account since I did not know that a payment in advance would disqualify us from the discount. So, he said that my bill would be $30 plus tax & surcharges in February for each line plus the phone payments.

I called Verizon again right before the February bill was finalized on February 2nd, because I did not see the credits that were promised by the 1st Verizon agent on my account. This 2nd agent said that, "nothing seems wrong on your account, you have to wait for the final bill to see if anything is wrong. If something is wrong, then please reach out to us." So, I've waited for the finalized bill.

The bill was finalized on on February 5th. The bill was still $180 more than it was supposed to be. So, I called Verizon and explained what happened. The woman, the 3rd Verizon agent, told me that the account is not qualified for the autopay discount because the payment method was a credit card. The 2nd Verizon agent did not tell me anything about this and told me to wait the finalize bill. I changed the credit card to a debit card during my call with the 3rd Verizon agent. The agent said that "The autopay discount which is $10 less for each line would be credited to my account on the next bill (March bill) since you changed the auto pay payment method to debit card. The other $10 extra "one-time charges and credits" was a mistake and will be credit to the account right now." She stated multiple times that she credited $90 inconvenience fee for this so called "one-time charges and credits". In fact, I saw the $90 credit the very next day.

So, the February bill was adjusted accordingly. It was lowered for $90 and came down to $481.22. Also, the next bill (March bill) was fixed accordingly - each line was $30 and there was another $90 credit from February's auto pay discount since I enrolled in with auto pay.

The updated bill was $481.22 and paid through auto pay on 2/21/2020. Then, the same day I checked my Verizon account and saw a $82.75 remaining balance. So, the credit that was given to me from Verizon, once again taken from me and charged me on 2/21/2020 right after auto payment was processed.

Now, there is a $200.00 charge on my next bill (March bill) that is called as "one-time charges and credits".

I have no idea what is going on with my bills. I paid $180.00 more that I was supposed to pay on my February bill. There is $200.00 more on my March account. I keep trying to contact with Verizon agents to resolve these issues, so far no-one seems to be help. This is fraud. I am being ripped off by Verizon every month and I cannot do anything. I don't know what else I can do other than writing these problems here. Verizon customer service does not care and lie about resolving my problems. These are the facts. I used t-mobile for 3 years and did not have this many problems.

0 Likes
fethigulen

UPDATE:

I talked with a Verizonagent again on 2/22/2020. I asked about the $200 charge on my next bill and she could not even explained it to me. She said "You might have purchase or something, you PROBABLY used a promo." I said no we did not bought a phone for this phone number, we did not use promo worth $200. We received a $150 gift card for transferring our lines form T-Mobile to Verizon (the biggest I made). When I removed that number from the account, I asked if we get fined for removing it. A VERIZON Agent said "NO THERE IS NO FINE FOR REMOVING THIS LINE". So, now there is this $200 charge.

The Verizon agent said that she could "correct" this charge making it $150 or we can re-activate phone number associated with this charge and the $200 charge would disappear. So I decided to reactivate the number in order to get rid of this ridiculous $200 charge.

Listen to this now 🙂 The $200 charge is still on the next bill; there is $30 one-time charge, and $30 start unlimited plus tax surcharges charge totaling of $264.84. I mean what is this??? Seriously, what is going on?? Please someone explain this to me. PLEASE!!!!

To sum up, VERIZON has charged me $180 more in February and will charge $230 more in March. WOW! Just wow!

0 Likes
flo43223
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too.  They also are taxing me on phones that I paid the taxes on upfront.

0 Likes