Bill Date or Bill Cycle Complaint
Lawofdeland

Dear Verizon,

I would like to say that this company is by far one of the worst companies to do business with, I already know that by me typing this letter will not do me any good, so I am officially going to forward this complaint to the FCC and FTC  as well. The business practice here is just poor taste in customer services and no actual true understanding of how billing cycles are supposed to go. For example my data plan says ends on 12/16/15; nevertheless , the new cycle does not began until 12/17/15 this is just  a ploy and  an extra day that this company can get over on Customer(s) and charge an extra day for Data!!!  The simple solution to the misleading Data plan to say simply new data cycle began AFTER 12/16/15. I also know for sure that this company do not have an accurate way of measuring data use for individual devices upon which my data streaming is never accurate and I am at the point now of leaving this GOD forsaken company and going with a company that offer a better solution with data!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bill Date or Bill Cycle Complaint
Tidbits
Legend

Lawofdeland wrote:

I wonder why I never had this problem with other companies tho??

I am a customer of T-Mobile, and AT&T as well as Verizon.  It's EXACTLY the same in terms of what you are saying.  T-Mobile my cycle ends the 13th of every month while on the 14th it begins.  on AT&T it ends on the 21st and starts on the 22nd. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Well I hope you file complaints with all carriers.

End of cycle happens exactly the same as Verizon. Best of luck at your next carrier.

0 Likes
Lawofdeland

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I never had a problem with Verizon Wireless either and I have the exact same billing cycle dates. The billing cycle ends at midnight on 16th of the month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Lawofdeland wrote:

Dear Verizon,

I would like to say that this company is by far one of the worst companies to do business with, I already know that by me typing this letter will not do me any good, so I am officially going to forward this complaint to the FCC and FTC  as well. The business practice here is just poor taste in customer services and no actual true understanding of how billing cycles are supposed to go. For example my data plan says ends on 12/16/15; nevertheless , the new cycle does not began until 12/17/15 this is just  a ploy and  an extra day that this company can get over on Customer(s) and charge an extra day for Data!!!  The simple solution to the misleading Data plan to say simply new data cycle began AFTER 12/16/15. I also know for sure that this company do not have an accurate way of measuring data use for individual devices upon which my data streaming is never accurate and I am at the point now of leaving this GOD forsaken company and going with a company that offer a better solution with data!!!

If this were not the case, people would be complaining that Verizon is double billing on the first/last day of the cycle. You would prefer the old cycle to end on 12/16 and the new cycle to begin on 12/16 and be charged for data used on that day for BOTH billing cycles??? Count me out. I prefer to only be billed for the data I used on one billing cycle.

The new cycle always begins after the old cycle ends. What is the difference if the billing cycle ends at 10AM, 2 PM or midnight on the last day of the billing cycle as long as it is consistent? Verizon has chosen the end of the day on the last day of the billing cycle. Your complaints that it is some arbitrary time during the middle of the day will not likely change it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Lawofdeland wrote:

I am a customer of T-Mobile, and AT&T as well as Verizon.  It's EXACTLY the same in terms of what you are saying.  T-Mobile my cycle ends the 13th of every month while on the 14th it begins.  on AT&T it ends on the 21st and starts on the 22nd. 

0 Likes
Lawofdeland

I am not having the issue with billing cycle its more so with the Data Cycle, it's very misleading to say that the cycle ends on the 16th and yet still charges you for data for that entire day.. The Data should simply say begins on the 17th of each and every month instead of ending on the 16th. That's the ploy that I am upset about, I have no problem with money, trust me!!! I just don't like the wording of the cycle ends ON the 16th when it can simply say the new DATA cycle starts AFTER the 16th.  Oh and by far Verizon clearly got the worst data packages out of all of the other provider(s) survey composed by consumer choice, JD Power and computerworld.com got them rank second to last out of all of the other data plans.. Verizon  DATA plan just simply Blows!!! That's the bottom line...#SMH

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just like your calls and text are the exact same way. They ALL begin and end all at the same time.  How is that confusing?

0 Likes
Lawofdeland

I understand, its just that the Calls and text are all unlimited.. I guess the issue that I have is only with the play of words of the bill/data cycle ends on the 16th.  Let's look at it from this point of view, if you are being release from a prison sentence on the 16th do you still have to wait till the 17th???

(Lord please forbids any of us to be in this scenario regardless of this debate) 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Netflix

Hulu

Safety Check

Water bill

Gas bill

Electric bill

Cable bill

There's a lot more

All go until 11:59pm before closing and then the new cycle starts at 12:00am the next day.

Seems like you are nitpicking just to nitpick because you are looking for anything and everything to hate on.

0 Likes