Beyond Disappointed
gaby27514

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon for many many years. I thought they were great but I now realize that is because I have never had an issue that I felt warranted going through the lengthy process of hopefully finding a resolution, until now. The second there is any sort of issue, Verizon is not only unhelpful, but it is nearly impossible to even get anyone on the phone to help you.

In August, my husband and I were sold on purchasing two Lifeproof cases on the promise that if anything happened to the phones when they were in the case, the phones would be replaced upon paying a $50 deductible. The store associate put the cases on our newly bought phones while we were there in the store, in what we thought was an attempt to be helpful. We never opened the Lifeproof box after we got home…why would we?! We were also never told anything whatsoever about registering our new cases.

Well my husband’s phone recently died. Apparently this was due to water damage. After contacting both Lifeproof and Verizon in order to replace his phone, to our surprise, we discovered the phone is not actually covered because the case was not registered within a week of purchasing it. The store associate at Verizon never informed us of this caveat and we relied on the assurance that, if we spent $200+ dollars on these cases, the phones would be covered. Upon calling Verizon and explaining our situation (over and over again because we rarely ever received a callback, despite numerous promises) they told us there was nothing they could do for us. This meant we would have to spend the $600+ dollars to replace the phone out of our own pocket.

Also, just to be very clear, we would have never in a million spent over $200 on cases unless the phones were covered. Instead, we would have paid the monthly fee for insurance and gotten a far less expensive case. I’m still dealing with this issue, over a week later. I am still awaiting a return call from two managers, a store manager, a store associate and a customer service representative. I’m sure I will be waiting forever for those return calls. At this point we feel we have no choice but to switch to a provider that actually cares about customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Beyond Disappointed
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Except this is not Verizon's warranty. This is Lifeprrof's warranty. As with any warranty there are rules. Those rules weren't followed. That is not the rep's fault nor is it Verizon's. While I feel for you, you have to accept some responsibility for this. You never ever once looked at the packaging. Then you skipped on the insurance. the l Lifeproof case is a great case but in no way takes place of having insurance. I have seen plenty of devices sustain damage while being "protected" by a Lifeproof case. The screen is still susceptible to damage and Lifeproof doesn't warranty that even if you had registered your cases. Put it this way, when you buy a car is it the responsibility of the sales rep to tell you that not having regular oil changes could void any warranty on the engine? Besides this, there is a sticker on the back of every Lifeproof case that instructs you water test the case prior to putting the phone in. This is so that you can detect leaks before they have the opportunity to cause damage. Plus, I don't ever take the word of a sales rep regarding warranties. I always look for the warranty information that comes with whatever I am purchasing as there are rules with any warranty. I am sorry but, Verizon is not responsible for this.