Beware 12GB + 2GB Promotion
Chris1978

I recently upgraded two lines from an old Nationwide plan to one of Verizon's new XL 12 GB plan + 2GB free plan (the 2 GB being the promotion).  Keep in mind that I did an upgrade and pay $40 for each phone and $80 for the plan.  I was told at Costco and by a Verizon Wireless rep (phone call being pulled) that I was eligible for this promotion basically making my plan 14 GB of data.  I was shocked to find out today that Verizon Wireless is requiring that you be on the device payment plan over 24 months to receive the extra 2gb promotion.

Needless to say, I was very annoyed and called Costco and Verizon Wireless to complain.  I thought the Costco rep took me for a ride, but then I remembered that while the Costco rep was making changes to my account that I was making sure what Verizon's website said is what the Costco rep said.

Long story short, take a look at the Verizon Plans:  Verizon Plan - Verizon Wireless

You will see that it says:  "New device payment activation or upgrade req'd. Extra 2GB of data applies per month as long as line remains active on the current XL (12GB) or larger Verizon Plan. Limited time offer." 

Notice it says "upgrade", which is what I did.  It seems like the supervisor out of the Alpharetta, GA office is in agreement with me on this.  So was the previous rep and the Costco sales person. 

We will see if Verizon Wireless honors their agreement with me.  Seems pretty cut and dry, but you know how these things can be.  I will be curious to see if they change what their website says.    Of course, what makes this worse is that I gave up an unlimited data plan for this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Beware 12GB + 2GB Promotion
Kobisking

I'm experiencing a smiliar issue. I added the plan at the end of December through verizonwireless.com. This was during the Christmas promotion. The plan was choose 12GB XL and get 2GBs per line (up to 20GBs).  I have a total of 4 lines. I called customer service a week later when it did not appear. I'm not receiving the additional gigs. The rep told me to call back if it's not added by the first bill cycle. I chatted with customer service after the the bill cycle and she told me that she sees my order, and she has to submit paperwork for the change to take affect. It's now 4/22/16. I chatted with CS and the rep told me that the promo I chose did not begin until 2/16/16, and I signed up too soon??? This was a promo that ran during Christmas time. Anyhow, they're not honoring the promo. It's unfortunate, that this is the way Verizon works. I'm contacting them now to work on terminating two of the four phones (contracts are now month to month). As they are now not honoring the promotion.

0 Likes
Chris1978

One customer service office left me a message saying that it could not

be done.

I called, complained, and another office fixed the issue in 5 minutes.

I am not sure what to even think?

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Kobisking wrote:

I'm experiencing a smiliar issue. I added the plan at the end of December through verizonwireless.com. This was during the Christmas promotion. The plan was choose 12GB XL and get 2GBs per line (up to 20GBs).  I have a total of 4 lines. I called customer service a week later when it did not appear. I'm not receiving the additional gigs. The rep told me to call back if it's not added by the first bill cycle. I chatted with customer service after the the bill cycle and she told me that she sees my order, and she has to submit paperwork for the change to take affect. It's now 4/22/16. I chatted with CS and the rep told me that the promo I chose did not begin until 2/16/16, and I signed up too soon??? This was a promo that ran during Christmas time. Anyhow, they're not honoring the promo. It's unfortunate, that this is the way Verizon works. I'm contacting them now to work on terminating two of the four phones (contracts are now month to month). As they are now not honoring the promotion.

TThe promo was that you had to upgrade to a new phone and then you'd get 2gb per line per upgrade As well as switch to the Verizon 12gb or more plan.

0 Likes