Being spoofed,needing to re-sign into voicemail and wifi now.
Nepadron

Have been getting calls all week asking my why i called them (strangers).  I have been spoofed.  Yesterday, my home wifi asked me for the password twice, even though I have not had to do that in the past year.  Today, tried to check my voicemail, but it asked me for my mailbox number -- I have no idea what that is.  It is as if I am starting with a new phone, voicemail, and wifi.  Very strange and confusing.  Anyone have any advice?  Need to figure out my mailbox # and how to deal w the spoof.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being spoofed,needing to re-sign into voicemail and wifi now.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Short of changing your phone number, I don't think there's anything you can do about someone/something 'spoofing' your number with calls. What make/model phone do you have? How are you accessing voicemail?  Are your calls WIFI or cell service?  Have you checked to see if your WIFI router has a software update available?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Nepadron

I have a moto x, and accessed voicemail on my phone *86.  My calls are...cell service?

Its a prepaid account.

And no update needed.  I am having to set up my voicemail all over again.  It was erased.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nepadron,

I am so sorry to hear of all the issues you are having with your device and your number being spoofed, lately. I definitely understand the need to put a stop to that spoofing, make sure you can connect to wifi, and gain access to your voicemail again.

jav6, provided some good information regarding spoofing. They are correct that the only way to stop spoofing, if you do not know who is spoofing your number, is to change your mobile number. In regard to your Wi-Fi issue and your issues with voicemail, I would suggest reaching out to our prepay team, as you stated you had a prepaid account. Unfortunately, we do not have access to prepay accounts via this medium so reaching out to prepay team at 888-294-6804 will make sure your concerns can be fully addressed.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes