Beeping during a call?
td_128

Alright, so first off, I have been with Verizon for roughly 8 years and never came across this issue before but nearly 2 years ago I got a Kin TwoM and after that every time I was on a call with someone else from Verizon the phone beeped at me like the other person was pressing a button randomly. Also, when I talk to people, they said they would hear the same thing.

After yelling at people to stop pressing buttons, I've come to the conclusion it was the phone or the service.

About a month ago, I decided to get off my family plan with my parents and got a plan with my girlfriend with a brand new number and a Droid Bionic. I still hear the beeping sound and can't figure out what to do about it. It drives me insane!

I've done a few searches and it definitely isn't anything like a notification, missed call, text message or any of those things. It isn't a connect tone, since it will happen randomly during the call. I don't believe it is something like "minute notifications", tried checking for that and didn't find anything.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem and if you have any solutions!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Beeping during a call?
repgirl11

I had this same issue on a droid Razr (returned) and the Bionic (current phone).  I uninstalled Pandora and it seems to have gone away.  I am not sure if this is the answer, but it has worked so far.  BTW, the problem did not show up until after I had installed Pandora.  I hope this works!

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello td_128

I can't imagine how irritating it would be to constantly hear beeps when on a call. Let's look into this quickly, so you can enjoy all the wonderful features on the Bionic.

Did this problem start immediately after getting a new number with the Bionic? Please remove the battery and sim card for 15 seconds then reinsert. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's a link for safe mode:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47270&sayt=bionic safe mode*

What software version are you running on the device? To check the software verision: Menu> Settings> About phone> System version. Please check for a software update on the device. Here's link on how to check for the software update:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droidbionic.html?sayt=bionic*

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
td_128

Yeah, it feels like it just carried over from my old phone and number even though there is no link between them. I will try that out tonight though after my girlfriend gets off work, because it seems to happen with her the most.

She pretty much has the same issue, she also used to have a Kin and now has a Droid Eris.

I'm running the newest version for my Bionic. Version 5.9.902

0 Likes
GoBigPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello td_128,

I am having the same issues!  Just started a few months back, so irritating.

Both I am the other person have upgraded their phones, issues still persist.  Eliminated all variables and the problem still persists.  Thought it was an iPhone thing but sounds like Droid users are hearing the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GoBigPDX,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Were you able to place your phone into Safe Mode as JoeL_VZW suggested to td_128? Since many applications (such as the Pandora app that repgirl11 mentioned) can be downloaded to both Android and iPhones, it may be something along the lines of a third party application that's running in the background while your phone call is in place. Also, what model phones do you have? And what's your zipcode?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
GoBigPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

iPhone 5 don't have safe modes Smiley Happy...  Further this is a brand new phone, Verizon does not see any issue with the device further the issue existed on my iPhone 4. 

iPhone5 had limited pre-installed apps on the phone and it still happened, so not associated with apps. 

Zipcode is 97219 but issue happens in many zip codes as I travel a lot and still have the issue

Further for me the issue only exists when speaking with Spring clients.  In a 15 minute conversation I heard 30 beeps last night.  By beeps I mean the sound is exactly like the person on the other line is depressing phone keys like they are dialing someone.  This should give you a clear indication of the type of sound I hear.  And no it is not the obvious, both parties on wired headsets, screens locked, not multi-tasking, not moving around.

This issue has nothing to do with devices but has to be an issue within the network.  I think this issue needs to be elevated so we can get some high level nerds on the issue.  Nothing against you or Joe. Smiley Happy

More details, if I call using Facetime, Skype Mobile or Google Voice the issue does not happen.  Go figure.

I am more than happy to keep providing feedback to diagnosis this.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
GoBigPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have Verizon perform a VLR Update, this fixed all issues and increase call quality dramatically!

0 Likes
ckeelan

its the minute usage setting.

0 Likes
GoBigPDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, its not the minute usage setting silly .

Also the VLR update does not work or fix the issue  

Verizon now believes it might have something to do with the vibrate/silent function key on the upper left hand of the phone.  Since I have turned it off silent mode I don't hear any beeps, therefore this could after all be an Apple issue.  Although this does not explain why android users are experiencing the same issue. 

Also, I know here the beeps on Verizon to Verizon calls

0 Likes