Been with Verizon for a little over 3 years and Switched Carriers but charged for month when I don't have service anymore?
mrkenk

Hello,

I called Verizon a few weeks ago to confirm with a Verizon representative that as long as I switched my phone number to another carrier and had no pending charges beyond my monthly contract rate (which I've been paying a month in advance save overcharges on data), I would not be charged for the last month. I tripled checked with the representative on the phone that I didn't need to do anything once I ported my number over with another carrier because according to his explanation, phone number changes to other carriers are automatically detected by Verizon. So I went forward in good faith based on this information.

Last weekend, I switched carriers following the instructions given to me by Verizon. Keep this in mind it was about a week or more prior to the end of the monthly contract.

Unfortunately, according to my most recent credit-card bill, I was still charged full for next month's service, when I don't even have service with Verizon anymore... what is going on here?

Did I miss something? Was I given erroneous information?

Please resolve this issue in an honorable fashion, thank you,

-Ken

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Been with Verizon for a little over 3 years and Switched Carriers but charged for month when I don't have service anymore?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You do realize that your bill due date is 5 days prior to your bill causal end date, right? So if you wait until your bill cycle end date you would have been charged and you will most likely receive a credit.

0 Likes