Bait and Switch?
slofiores
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was anyone else cheated by the Black Friday offer? They used the old "bait and switch" promise to get me to upgrade my phones with their Black Friday offer which promised free new phones with my qualifying trade-ins. All along the way (6 or 7) customer service representatives assured me I would be given the proper trade-in credit although nothing was ever sent in writing. Now Verizon is billing me approximately $2000 for those phones. I have spent about 10 hours on the phone with their customer service reps, speaking to a different person each time, and each time being promised that charges would be credited and I would be called back. Nobody ever calls back. 

I finally contacted the FCC and got a call from someone in their executive relations office who claimed Verizon never made any such offer.  He promised to listen to the calls (I had names and dates) and call me back.  Of course he never did Call me back, so I just called to check in on my case and was told that "Demarcus" had closed out my case saying that he spoke with me two days ago. This is just an out-and-out lie!  I haven't spoken with him since he promised to call me back on February 10. How does Verizon get away with this and stay in business?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What exactly was the promotion?

Did you trade in phones in store?

What phones did you trade and which phones did you purchase?

0 Likes