Bait and Switch tactics of Verizon--I need a UPPER LEVEL representative to contact me
LostallHope

I have been going round and round with Verizon for over a month.  In April, I switched all 4 of my phones to the Edge program.  I had one unlimited data smartphone  that was no longer under contract and three texting phones (2 of which we no longer under contract).  I was told by not one but TWO verizon sales reps that I would be getting $25 off per line for the Edge agreement and an additional $10 off per line for another "promotion"  pertaining to the More Everything plan, which actually kept my bill close to the same amount that I was previously paying.  Shortly afterwards, I received the contract information sheets stating what services and discounts I received.  I was only getting the $25 discount and not the additional $10 per line.  I contacted Customer Service (Jody (removed))...they refused everything at first and stated, "we are not responsible for agents giving you inaccurate information."  UH, YES, YES you ARE!  I orally agreed to a contract that was orally given to me by a VERIZON REPRESENTATIVE.  I asked her to speak to her supervisor and she called the next day and said That I would receive half of what their representative contracted to give me.  I told her I would like to speak to her supervisor.  She said that she would have him call me at 6:30 central time the next day..

The next day, at 8-ish, central time, I received a voicemail from a Verizon rep saying, "I am leaving for the day and didn't get a chance to call you so I'll call you tomorrow."  SERIOUSLY!!!  and guess what??? You got it...HE NEVER CALLED.  Almost a month later, I sent another text message/email to Jody (removed) to have her supervisor call me because he never did and I requested "TODAY".  He actually called and he said that they were not going to credit me what I contracted for and that in the contract it states that "Verizon is not responsible for the errors and omissions of its agents."  When I asked him to send me the contract so that I can read that for myself, he said, "I don't have a contract" and "I can't send it to you." (which is weird because I receive information from verizon regularly).  He said, "It's on our website."  Really?? Because I've searched the entire site and found no such thing.  Then I asked him for his superior's phone number.  He replied with, "He doesn't have a phone."  It seems strange to me that VERIZON IS A PHONE COMPANY AND THEIR EXECUTIVES DO NOT HAVE PHONES???  Now your just insulting my intelligence..

By my contract with Verizon, I am owed a $40 credit per month for the next 12 months.  They have already agreed to $240 but, as it is not upon me to honor something that I never agreed to, I will not settle for less than the entire 12-month credit of $480.  The will either credit me that amount or they will spend it in attorneys fees.  I refused to be conned out of my hard earned money buy a irresponsible corporation.  PLEASE PUT ME IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE SO THAT I CAN GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY or I will obtain an attorney and file suit!!!  I know it says in the Verizon contract that I am not allowed to file suit and must seek mediation or arbitration, but if the contract does not apply to you, then it does not  apply to me.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch tactics of Verizon--I need a UPPER LEVEL representative to contact me
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

"This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement."

This is found in the very last paragraph of the Customer Agreement, linked on this web site at the very bottom of every page, where it says "Customer Agreement." Oral contracts don't apply here. Frankly, I'd be pleasantly surprised if they actually give you the $240 credit they "agreed" to.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch tactics of Verizon--I need a UPPER LEVEL representative to contact me
rcschnoor
Legend

LostallHope wrote:

PLEASE PUT ME IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE SO THAT I CAN GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY or I will obtain an attorney and file suit!!!  I know it says in the Verizon contract that I am not allowed to file suit and must seek mediation or arbitration, but if the contract does not apply to you, then it does not  apply to me.

Edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Here you go, contact to your heart's content.

As a side note, nowhere in the Verizon contract does it state you cannot file suit. It simply states you cannot file a "class action" lawsuit. You can very easily take Verizon to small claims court with the amount you are seeking.

0 Likes