Bad info and Lies , Cant be the only one this happens to
ANDGAR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I will try and make this short, I was a AT&T customer with 4 lines looking at switching to Verizon. Came in to one of Verizons brick and mortar stand alone stores and was met by a Sales rep first thing we start talking about is the new S7 as the BOGO promo was going on at the time and we wanted 4 new phones and it seemed like a good deal. We talk about what kind of data plan we would want and the BOGO promo and every thing seemed in order.

So we purchase 4 new S7 and as we go through the process the rep makes it very very clear he is handling every thing and we are eligible the promotions and it should take 8-10 weeks for the cards to arrive and they would be for about $1300 and so on. Then we discuss that if we had any phones to trade in we would be geting $100 for each new line that we started and traded in a phone for. Great I think we have a few older phones that we kept as spares that are worth less then $100 each so we can get that promo to. We trade in 3 phones sign all the paper work the rep tells us not to return our Samsung s7 phones or he will get a penalty and we should expect $300 in line credits and around $1300 in visa pre paid cards the whole thing sounds like a great deal.

Jump ahead 2 months and I wonder how much longer on the visa cards and I start doing a little research and it turns out we had to go online fill out rebate forms send in info specific to our phone boxes and do all this within 30 days. At this point that time has passed and we dont have all the phone boxes so I am VERY upset about this. The Rep was extremely clear he was handling every thing and none of the signs in the store had fine printing saying any thing about having to submit a rebate or any thing like that. There was fine print on all the signs with details none of which gave any hint at this.

about 2 weeks after I figured there is nothing I can do here I am now waiting on the $300 line credits. I started a chat with a account rep today and am told that the $100 promo we where promised ended a few days after we signed up and the rep was in error. The roughly $1600 in promos we where promised has shrunk to Zero because a rep wanted to make a sale. I feel like I was stolen from I even gave Verizon phones I would have rather given away or sold as part of this promise. At this point I hope other people chime in or Verizon has some comment because I am trying to gather evidence from our experience and looking at going to small claims court *4 other people where with me and heard the rep tell us about all these promos*.

Note I under stand people are going to say we should have done more research about the BOGO promo but I think its unfair to say that after reviewing the promotional material and speaking with a rep and asking for all the details he had and not hearing about this we did what most consumers would do. The $300 in promo was a straight untruth at the least.

Does any one else have a experience like this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Bad info and Lies , Cant be the only one this happens to
pherson
Champion - Level 1

NO.

GVANTASS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what you were told, but if you buy phones while the promo is active, you can still submit the info up to like 60 days after the purchase date and STILL get the promo, even if the promo has expired since you bought your phones.

The rep doesn't submit anything other than maybe the trade-in value that you did in store.  The rest of the rebates and such have to be entered by you, the customer.  I did the same thing with my iPhone bogo and my switch promo to get $650 to pay off my switch from AT&T.

So, the question is, did you submit the rebates on teh website?

0 Likes
ANDGAR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the help how ever

1) its been more then 90 days

2) we needed all the original boxes some thing we didnt keep past a month

3)I would have been happy to perform the rebate but since we where doing two promos and a rebate form was never mentioned for any of them and none of the fine print on the BOGO promo signs said any thing like that and the way the rep represented it as we where " all set and could expect our visa cards in 8-10 weeks" We figured we where as he said all set. Trust me I would have filled out rebates if it meant getting $1300

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

WWell I guess you're out that money.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You certainly have our directly attention, ANDGAR20. Learning of the experience that you have had does bring us concern and we appreciate the detailed explanation. We would like to take a closer look over your account and also explore possible options. Please feel free to reach out to us directly with one of the following options listed on this site: http://spr.ly/6589BvxGW We have representatives standing by who are more than happy to help.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDGAR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to some one on the phone and was told 1) the promo expired two bad 2) the rebate expired to bad... that was after they said they would see if it was possible to get a exemption on the rebate and just transferred me to the rebate department.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have said it before and I will continue to say it....we have been dealing with wireless companies and rebates and promos for well over 15 years (as a society) and we can no longer claim ignorance to these things. We don't buy cars or homes without doing our research so why is this any different. VZW makes all the terms and conditions very clear on the website with and FAQs section for each promo. 5-10 minutes of reading the information before signing the paperwork would go a very long way.

0 Likes
ANDGAR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

1)Not all promos have rebates take for example the add a line $100 promotion that does not need a rebate so when I am told by a sales men every thing is handled why would I not think that was true.

2) Even if you feel the rebate was on me being told that a promotion that did not need a rebate was running when it was in fact not is complete consumer fraud to get me to sign up right then and there. As a consumer you dont have access to a full list of every Promo being ran so in that case you MUST take the sales mens word for it.

I also want to note that if you look online at the sales material for the BOGO Promo there is 4-5 lines at the bottom of the adverts in small print listing out what one would think we be the details and NO where in there does it say any thing about a rebate.

Verizon has ignored my issue and my petitions as Such I am going to file in small claims court about at least the $300 in promotions that did not apply at all.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To point 2. Not all promotions are advertised. So you are correct that we as consumers don't have access to them. However, this one was an advertised promotion and it did list in the FAQs section that you'd have to apply for a rebate. Why are people still seeing advertised promos and NOT doing their due diligence prior to trying to take advantage of it? I get it if the promo was unadvertised but it wasn't. There were lots and lots ads for it. That means information was readily available. Have you read the customer agreement? Specifically the last paragraph.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

This Agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service

0 Likes