Bad customer service
CHBRANTLEY_3030
Enthusiast - Level 2

March 9th I ordered 2 new iphones and 2 $89 life proof cases from Verizon.com.  Five days later 2 phones and 1 case arrived. I called customer service and they accused me of taking the second case since the rep claimed that the warehouse "never" makes a mistake. They said they would look into it but I could buy another case and they would ship it to me. I called Verizon again the next day and the next rep said to go to the nearest Verizon store and they would give me a new case to correct the problem. I called the south Charlotte NC store to tell them that i was coming and why and they told me NO. They were not going to give me one out of their inventory and to call Verizon customer service back. I called Verizon again and the next rep apologized and said they would sent me another case in a few days and credit the cast back to me. 7 days later still no case. I called customer service again and asked where the new case was and they said it wasn't sent. I then asked if i could just return the both phones and the one case we did receive since both were still in the box and neither had been activated. They said NO and went on to say that if I did return the 2 phones and 1 case that I would still be responsible for the full price of both phones even if they restocked and sold the phones to someone else. So now I am stuck. I bought these phone for my teenage boys. I have been a customer with Verizon for almost 9 years and I am so disappointed. If I didn't care about my credit I would send the phone back and refuse to pay a bill for property I returned but they are clearly CRIMINALS. As soon as my contract is up I will be canceling my service and not give this VERY BAD COMPANY ANOTHER DOLLAR. 

Labels (1)
Re: Bad customer service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you returned the items within the 14 day return policy period, you should have gotten your money back minus the restocking fee per the Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DIVADNS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worst CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!!! I need out ASAP. Someone mentioned filing a class action lawsuit. I will definitely be joining!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You and your lawyer should read the Customer Agreement linked at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless web page first. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CHBRANTLEY_3030
Enthusiast - Level 2

The point is that the original order was never filled correctly and the company has had 4 opportunity's to rectify. The phones have not been activated and the ball was in their court to correct the problem but I am the one who is being punished for their incompetence.They broke the agreement with me by not sending me what I have paid for in a timely manner and that is why they provide BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. If they can't wave the 14 day return period because they made the mistake, I should NOT he held accountable. How can i company hold their customer to such a rigid policy when they clearly have zero accountability for their own actions.  

mama23dogs
Legend

Read the part of the customer agreement which tells you how to dispute a charge.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

You have the right to dispute the charge for the case you didnt receive. 

You cannot return the phones, you might as well let the kids have them.  I recommend you buy cases from Amazon in the future.  For that matter, you can buy phones elsewhere too.

0 Likes
CHBRANTLEY_3030
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still missing the point, I'm stuck paying a company that has clearly missed treated me. Verizon should make things right and let an unsatisfied customer leave.   

mama23dogs
Legend

You clearly aren't getting the contract obligation and Customer agreement, you sign every time you buy a phone.

You can leave, you have no service obligation.  But the phones are not returnable and you have to pay for them.

If they are iPhones they will work on another carrier perfectly well.  Other phones will work reasonably well.  MMS will probably not work.

Pay the phones off and port out if you want.

0 Likes
CHBRANTLEY_3030
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has lost sight of fair business practices regardless of policies. Its about principle and doing the righ thing not policy. Being a good human doesn't require a policy.