Bad VoLTE in Syracuse, NY
neurocutie

I'm concerned about the coming sunset of Verizon CDMA in a year (late 2019) because VoLTE in my locale is terrible. With CDMA I had great service everywhere I went, inside and outside -- and never dropped any calls. With Verizon VoLTE I am dropping calls several times a day around Syracuse, NY. And in building service is terrible -- often unusable. If CDMA is shutdown without VoLTE having the reliability for VOICE that CDMA once had, I will very likely change carriers (probably AT&T). Please don't me Verizon has to shutdown CDMA to improve VoLTE -- sorry can't wait for the transition to complete. Phones include iphone 6S, Samsung S8 and others, so it isn't just one phone or one customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad VoLTE in Syracuse, NY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to stay with Verizon Wireless for years to come, Neurocutie. Sorry to hear about the current issues but we are here to help. Are you noticing calls dropping to all contacts? Have you noticed any other issues with the service? Do you happen to know if other Verizon Wireless customers are experiencing similar issues in your local area? Looking forward to hearing back and finding a lasting solution.

Chris_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
neurocutie

yes, drops to all contacts

yes, VWZ friends all have similar experiences of dropped or marginal calls

yes, not just iphone 6s' but other phones as well, such as Samsung S8.

It is likely to just be poor LTE signal in certain areas and in buildings, places where previously VZW CDMA was very good. Indeed it is sometimes so bad I decide to switch off VoLTE and use CDMA instead, which invariably is still strong and solid.

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate these great details. Though we are never able to guarantee indoor coverage, we do want to get to the bottom of this. When did you first start experiencing these dropped calls? Do you recall any recent changes to the area such as new buildings or construction? How far do you need to be from this area before you see improvement?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
neurocutie

I first noticed these issues 6-9mos ago. No new buildings. Movements of 100 feet or less can make a difference within buildings.

While I realize the in-building service is often more variable, my primary concern is that voice coverage now with VoLTE is so much worse than it is with CDMA. My sister in CT reports similar issues. It is not restricted to in-building coverage. I hope it improves soon because it's basically a deal breaker for us and most of my friends, etc.

0 Likes
neurocutie

So how can I report to Verizon of these issues in my specific location, such that they investigate and improve coverage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at <https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox> to discuss further details about yout concern. 

TabithaJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes