Bad Sales Practices/False Advertising
KARKEL66

Deals! Deals! lol Verizon, poor form.

I first came into the Verizon store like 2 weeks back to see what was available as my phone was due for an upgrade. Sales rep advised me that I could trade in my existing iphone 6 for an iphone 7 plus and get like 400 bucks off.. yeah sounds ge completely areat so after an hour or so with the sales rep after she had literally got hold of the box and standing there in front of me she said i could only complete the sale 7 days before my existing contract expires ie the 24th. A little disappointed but I was like fine whatever I can wait 10 days it was at the time and sort it out then.

Come the 24th I check Verizons website deal is still available on their website "Ends Soon" I call up to go through with the purchase. The sales rep tells me I can't go through with the sale as it's an expired deal.. How could it be an expired deal if it is still advertised on their website at the time?!! Nowhere is their any mention of when the deal actually expires so you would think Verizon would honor the deal they had up literally days prior when they still had it advertised.

Sales rep "emailed his upper management" which of course have completely ignored the issue, needless to say I am quite disappointed with Verizons level of service here and for an existing customer I expected better.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad Sales Practices/False Advertising
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why didn't you complete the purchase online where the deal was still available?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

That is the problem with promotions, you have to take them when available or else you may miss them.

0 Likes
KARKEL66

Ok that's very nice but you were advertising that promotion when I tried to

use it. If you are advertising a promotion on your website you should honor

that promotion.

0 Likes
KARKEL66

I did try to complete the purchase but I was told I couldn't even though

you were advertising it on the time, very bad business.

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 at 3:01 PM Brendan Williamson <

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, I was not advertising anything. I am simply another Verizon customer.

Second, the wording in your original post is a bit misleading then. You say:

"Come the 24th I check Verizons website deal is still available on their website "Ends Soon" I call up to go through with the purchase. The sales rep tells me I can't go through with the sale as it's an expired deal.. How could it be an expired deal if it is still advertised on their website at the time?!! Nowhere is their any mention of when the deal actually expires so you would think Verizon would honor the deal they had up literally days prior when they still had it advertised."

Was it up when you called to complete the transaction or "literally days prior" as you had previously indicated?

Lastly, it is quite possible you could have viewed a webpage on your computer AFTER the offer had already expired IF the webpage was cached in your computer.

0 Likes
KARKEL66

When I called to place the order the advertisement was still on your

website, and the sales person said he couldn't honor the promotion that was

still live on the website at the time! He said it expired on the 16th (days

before) I sent him a screenshot to [Removed] and he

said he would send an email to upper management and I would get a call

back. Which never happened. Regardless advertising promotions that don't

exist is just dodgy business really, if you advertised it and I called to

get it, you should honor it.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes