Bad Manager/Customer Service with Replacement Phone Orders
zubes5806

My mom had been in to a verizon store within a week of her 1 year warranty expiring, mentioning the issues she was having with her camera and the tech people looked at her phone, but couldn't access our account because I'm the primary account holder...so they basically told her to factory reset her phone, and to wait a week and come back.  She waited a week, and still had the issue.  She stopped in again and they still said they couldn't do anything since I wasn't physically there. 

We weren't able to find time to meet at a verizon wireless store until another week after that.  We went to a verizon wireless store to look into getting a replacement phone for my mom's phone.  We spoke with a nice salesman who we discussed our issue, he was very sympathetic, and helpful.  He helped us get to the appropriate person to talk about the 1 year warranty, and the possible chance of getting a replacement since we have been account holders for almost 14 years, and have a great record. After talking on the phone with an representative, and then a MANAGER for an hour, the MANAGER was finally able to understand our frustration with verizon, and how my mom had been in a physical verizon store within a week of her warranty, and instead of offering her a little leeway, they just shrugged her off.  He was able to find us a certified like new phone replacement, which we were very grateful for.  He asked where to ship the address, and we gave him my mom's address, not mine (the account holder).  We confirmed with him that it would be shipped to my mom's address.  We then asked if an email would be sent to confirm this order, and he said yes.

The next morning, I received an email saying that it was being shipped to my address, and not my mom's.  I called verizon wireless customer service, and was sent to billing, who saw that the shipping address was not my mom's.  She said that she corrected the shipping address on the order.  She even confirmed that the new address was correct.  Later that day,  I then received another email saying that the phone had been shipped, but AGAIN to the wrong address.  I thought maybe it was a glitch in the system since I had just called earlier that morning.

Guess what?  Verizon let us down AGAIN, the phone just arrived ay my door, and NOT my mom's address.  Definitely paints a bad picture in my mind for Verizon Wireless.  Even a verizon wireless manager can't get a simple shipping address correct.  What stinks is that we're already deeply connected to verizon with 5 lines, each with 2 year contracts with Verizon; that's a pretty hefty termination fee for 5 lines.

Labels (1)
0 Likes