Bad In-Store/Online Service
VerizonLongTimeCustom

My concern is with an iPad purchase where:

a) a manager (Jamie) hung up on me:  I did not berate, disrespect, or yell at the manager (or the representative I asked to transfer me to the manager). I was trying to address a delivery delay, and he hung up on me. I've had a number of bad customer calls, and you never hang up unless they step outside the lines of their call or become disrespectful. If the call becomes disconnected, simply call the customer back to resume the call or email me with an apology if you lost my phone number. The department did neither.

b) I learned the Internet order store needs to improve its technology:

The Internet order store should ask for a preferred means of contact (especially if they have my phone number, text and email). Based on my past history with Verizon, I'm expecting them to contact me by phone (whether automated or live person). Instead, a random email. How can I immediately address a concern when you email me, and then REQUIRE I call in? Just call me for the information so we can keep my order on track. This service would be great for older customers, non-tech savvy customers, etc.

c) the in-store representative FAILED to explain the online purchase, and how that would change contact methods:

The reason I chose Verizon is because I appreciate person-to-person contact, and the representative's knowledge. The in-store representative NEVER explained he was turning my iPad order into an online order. He also NEVER explained that the Internet order department ONLY contacts you by email.

d) Now that I have addressed the problem, there's no way to rush the order.

I chose Verizon for good customer service and coverage. All I hope is that both be maintained, and it certainly wasn't the case here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes