Backup wireless internet connection for home use
BCIDesign

I live in a pretty rural area with the only provider being plain old copper DSL.  Granted, there's always satellite but I'm not interested in the latency.

Our current DSL speeds on a good day are around 15 Mbps down and around 3 up.  However, with COVID-19, a lot of people in the area are finding themselves working from home and the DSL reliability (and speed) has suffered.  In the last week it's gone down several times.  That's not good when you're trying to VPN to work remotely.  I'd really like to find some sort of backup/secondary Internet connection to use when the primary goes down.  My router/firewall supports dual WAN inputs with failover.

Verizon has decent service in the area, so I'm wondering what kind of offerings they have for something like this?  I would need something from Verizon that can be plugged into a standard router/firewall via RJ45 cable as an internet source.

Is there a specific device I should be looking into or can call and get more information about?

0 Likes
Re: Backup wireless internet connection for home use
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of having the peace of mind of knowing that you have a reliable internet connection in case of an emergency. Since you're interested in residential services, we would like to ask you to please reach out to Fios by dialing 1-800-837-4966 or on their Facebook portal through the following link: https://www.facebook.com/Fios/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes